Life

You watch her drown for the millionth time. You cry and scream. Her last breath taken underwater. No matter how many times you tried you couldn't change it. She always died. You tried so many things. It was so hard to start over. A new life each time. Her brown eyes closed and you knew that behind you was a creature. A creature that now digs a single claw into your neck. It lets you bleed out. You die again watching her.

She is beautiful. You want to wish on every dandelion for her. You wipe the tears from your eyes as you sink back into the crystal plains. Your mother is waiting for you. Her long blue hair tangled and her face concerned. You know what she'll tell you. You can't save the human. She is one of the few that will never come back to the plane. You have to keep trying no matter what. You will keep reincarnating yourself until you can. You love her. You have to do this. You can't keep letting her die. You push past your mother and head towards the panel. You search for Gaia and select her solar system. You put her number in and slide her timeline back about a year before she meets you.

You were originally placed on the planet to protect it when the war raged. When you got call the war ended you had been relieved. This left you with no goals anymore. You were trained from birth to protect the planet, so you began protecting her. She had made you feel important. She was kind and funny. She made you want to do everything for her.