Dropshipped Cat Shirt

"Mom, look, meow!" Gin stood up in his mom's shopping cart and pointed, "Mom, look!"

Ms. Ibushi sighed to herself, but looked in the direction her son was pointing, "Oh..." She said upon realizing what he was so worked up about, "You want that... dog plush?"

"Meow! That is no dog." Gin responded, "That is very clearly a cat!"

Ms. Ibushi nodded her head, "Oh, yes. Of course. Well, you know the rule. Only one gift per shopping trip..."

"I want it, woof!!!" Gin exclaimed but still kept his volume quite low. "Mom, pleaaaasseeeeee! Meow!"

With a bit of a chuckle, Ms. Ibushi led the cart to where a box of the same plushies stood, practically overflowing. Gin reached over the metal bars of the cart and grabbed one, immediately sitting back down in the cart and squeezing his new friend.

"Their name is Mew-Chan! The cutest cat in the world, meow!" Gin decided out loud, and his mom nodded her head as she grabbed a box of pasta.

~ * ~

"Mew-Chan?" Mishima questioned. "Like... meow? But for the name of a dog?"

Gin rolled his eyes. This nutty professor didn't know anything. Being stuck in such an uncomfortable situation — y'know, being kidnapped and all — had Gin relying on Mew-Chan, his best friend, now more than ever.

"Mew-Chan is not a dog." Gin insisted.

"...Yes they are!" Mishima insisted back. "Here, look." Mishima pointed, but he did not touch Mew-Chan, "If Mew-Chan were a cat, they'd probably have noticeable whiskers. And while dogs also have whiskers, they are less noticeable. Cats are known for their whiskers, after all. Not only that but look at their face! Now look at Joe... His dog pin looks quite similar in the face." Mishima explained, making a circular motion over his own face.

Gin stared at Mishima, skeptical. He didn't completely trust this Suit-and-Specs guy, but maybe he had a point? Perchance.

Gin turned Mew-Chan around to look at them, and he stared for a moment, all while Mishima, whose knees were starting to bother him, being crouched on the ground for so long, watched in silence.

Maybe he was right? But that would mean the last few years would've been a lie. Why hadn't Mew-Chan told him that?! Would he have to rename them?!?

"Now, while I do believe that... Mew-Chan would be more of a cat's name, as I'm sure you intended." Mishima explained, "I do also believe that Mew-Chan would be a fine name for a dog. Don't you think so as well?"

Still a bit stunned, Gin continued to stare at Mew-Chan before slowly — slowly — he looked back up at Mishima.

"...I think you're right, woof!"