Chapter. 10 (Phase I) A Sirens Song

"For once it felt normal, but at the same
         Time, everything was gone"

"For once it felt normal, but at the same         Time, everything was gone"

Katherine woke up on Friday morning with a banging headache. She groaned and reached for her head before even opening her eyes. It felt sore to the touch too. She rubbed her eyes and sat up before squinting at the sun shining through her window. She stood up and looked herself in the mirror her hair was a mess and dark circles.

Katherine picked up her hair brush and brushed out the nest in her hair before covering her bags with concealer. She put on her signature pearl earrings before making her way down to the kitchen where the brothers ate their breakfast.

"Good morning sunshine" Nikolaos said threw his chews. Katherine felt disgusted seeing his cereal fly out of his mouth.

"Mm" she let out before picking up a pear. She took a bite out of it before spitting it out. She looked down at it seeing green and white spots on it, the taste was dry but moldy.

"What?" Constantine asked her she looked disgusted at the fruit before turning it to them. They looked at the pear and then back at each other.

"You don't like pears?" Alexis asked.

"Are you stupid? Don't you see the mold?" Katherine chuckled. The boys was dumbfounded looking at the perfectly fine looking fruit. Constantine stood up and took the pear from Katherine. He took a knife and cut the fruit only for it reveal it's white flesh.

"Kat, this is a perfectly good pear" he said giving it back. She frowned as she looked at the mold and still felt the disgusting taste of it. She shrugged it off deciding not to pick a fight over a fruit, she threw it away before rinsing her mouth with water and the boys escorted her to school as usual. They decided to walk today instead of driving, halfway to school they were having a pleasant discussion before Katherine's name was yelled from behind. They all looked back to see Travis running up to them with his big smile on his face.

"You know him?" Niko asked Katherine as she rolled her eyes.

"Barely, some kid who's in my class" she said turning and starting to walk again. Travis ran to catch up with her forced his way between the boys to walk next to Katherine. She looked up at him as if he was stupid.

"Hi! How are you?" He said. Katherine ignored him and started to walk faster.-" Katherine"

"Listen! I told you before, I'm not looking for any new friends just leave me alone!" She hissed at him before turning back to walk.

"Kat-" he said before the brothers towered over him blocking his way to Katherine.

"Better do as the lady says" Constantine said starring daggers in the poor boy. Instead of being frightened by the boys he again smiled genuinely.

"See you at school!" He waived. Katherine discreetly looked back at him as the brothers catched up with her. He was just standing at the same spot, smiling and waving. It freaked her out. Was he genuinely stupid or just a nice and naive person? Doesn't he know there's barely anything nice about humans. Why was he so pleasant?