Cheep Cheep Beach

"I think this spot looks good. Do you think it looks good?" Suzuka asks, running ahead to a particularly warm and sunny patch on the beach.

"I'm fine with wherever you want to settle, Suzuka," Ludwig responds, walking delicately across the sand to join Suzuka's side.

"I think we should picnic here, then."

"Very well, then."

Ludwig smiles at Suzuka as he circles around the spot he picked, like an animal about to lay down for a comfortable nap. He holds out the picnic basket around his arm, which Suzuka takes the blanket from and lays down.

As they get settled, Ludwig pulls out a handheld fan and his wand. Using his magic, he levitates the umbrella Suzuka was holding, sinking the pole deep into the sand.

"I kinda like how warm it is..." Suzuka says, leaning back and looking up to the sky with a dreamy gaze.

Ludwig softly chuckles.

"I do too. Although, you may find yourself wanting to join me under here after a while."

"Mmm, maybe."

Suzuka looks back to Ludwig. Suzuka wears that smile Ludwig has found himself comparing to the sunset, capturing his attention. His dark purple hair looks so silky under the sun's rays, his pale purple scales look so well cared for...

"The sun does radiate you quite wonderfully," Ludwig murmurs before he's able to stop himself.

Suzuka blushes, but his smile doesn't fade. Seemingly unfazed, Suzuka sets up the lunch they packed. Ludwig fans at his own heated face, quickly grabbing the sunglasses he packed. Why did I say that? It sounds like- No, I didn't mean it like that at all. Wait, did I? No, I couldn't...!

Ludwig's mind races. Suzuka is his best friend. His family provides his Lord with accessories and fashions; he's also a good friend to his siblings. Even Suzuka's sisters are friends with his own siblings. It feels so awkward and wrong, these awakening feelings inside him. Then again, Ludwig isn't sure if what he's feeling is something more than friendship for Suzuka.

"Luddy? I've got your cake, if you want it."

"Oh!" Ludwig snaps out of his thoughts. "Yes, thank you, Suzie."

Taking the plate, Ludwig peels the cling wrap off. Suzuka glances at Ludwig as he eats, taking a few bites himself before speaking up again.

"You still feeling stressed out?"

"Well..."

Ludwig pauses. He knows Suzuka is thinking he carried the stress of home with him to the beach, which would be quite easy to play along with, if Ludwig's mind wouldn't berate himself for even fathoming of lying to Suzuka.

"You could say that." he answers, avoidant.

Suzuka smiles softly, scooting over to sit next to Ludwig under the umbrella.

"Try to focus on the now," he says, taking Ludwig's hand fan to create gentle currents. "We're having a nice little picnic on the beach, away from any loud noises or interruptions... Just you and me."

Ludwig can't help but grin at Suzuka's antics. Rolling his eyes, he playfully swats the fan away, eliciting giggles from Suzuka.

"Hey!"

"Thank you, Suzie."

"Anytime, you big meanie."

They giggle with each other, dorky grins stretching their cheeks. Giving Suzuka a playful nudge, Ludwig returns his focus to his cake. Suzuka follows, but quickly finishes his packed lunch.