1| LONDON MEETINGS

─────❝1| LONDON MEETINGS❞─────

The streets of London were as busy as they were five years ago

The streets of London were as busy as they were five years ago. The daughters and their mamas walking to and from the modiste preparing for their presentation to society. The boys and their fathers walking and flirting, and gambling and riding. It was a nice view for everyone, including the newcomers, The Burberry Family. The streets received them in full swing, like they've always been.

The carriage came to a full stop in front of a big, pristine house in Grosvenor Square. The Burberry House was a beautiful building, with a black gate adorning the entrance, the newly grown garden, littered with purple columbines (the late Viscountess's favorite flower), and the dark blue door in the middle of the brick-built structure.

The carriage door was opened and out came the oldest Burberry daughter, Tatiana. She shielded her eyes from the glistering sun, before turning back to see her sisters descending from the carriage.

"Home sweet home," Ophelia said with a big smile on her face.

It was a known fact between the five siblings that Ophelia longed to be back in England and to find a husband and have children. She was the one who hated that they left and moved to France. That's why no one was surprised when she had a big smile upon seeing their old home.

"Yes, home."

The three women were greeted by their butler, Mr. Moubry. The man did accompany them to France when the late Viscount was alive, but after the untimely death of his Sir, Mr. Moubry returned to his family in England. After receiving word that the Burberry Family was returning, and they requested him to come back to serve with them, he up and accepted, leaving his wife and children behind, visiting every chance he got.

The old man was so glad to have the young children back home.

"Welcome back, Viscountess Tatiana, Miss Ophelia, Miss Lilibeth."

"It's good to see you Mr. Moubry," Lilibeth said, smiling at the kind man, receiving a smile from the man.

Tatiana saw Claude standing by the entrance. Claude was a beautiful older lady, with kind brown eyes and tan skin. She had been the housekeeper since the three women could remember and she was the first one to arrive back after Mr. Moubry.

Claud was watching the three girls she saw grow up with a bright smile.

"Well, I'll be damned."

The voice startled the Burberry daughters, the three turned around to stare at the unknown person behind them. There stood, in all her glory, Lady Agatha Danbury, one of the most respected women in society.

"I didn't believe the rumors that the Burberry house was being refurbished, thinking it was supposed to be owned by another family. But, seeing you three here, that's a sight for sore eyes."

"Lady Danbury," the Burberry girls curtsied to the older lady, giving her a smile. "It's such a pleasure to see you," Tatiana said.

Lady Danbury smiled. She has known these girls since they were wee babies, and she's missed them since they left five years ago. "Look at you three, what a beautiful group of sisters we have now. Let me see you." She stood in front of Lilibeth first. "I assume you're eighteen now, Lilibeth. Beautiful smile, beautiful eyes." Lilibeth smiled at her. "Ophelia, look at you. I assume you are participating this season," she received a nod in return, "well, I can certainly say you are as beautiful as your mother."

Tatiana smiled at the compliments her sisters were receiving. She agreed with everything Lady Danbury was saying, the older lady having the experience and the eye for these things.

"And Tatiana. You are as beautiful as I remember you. Your mother's eyes and her mouth. France did you well my dear. I'm assuming you are also participating this season?"

"You would be wrong, Lady Danbury, I'm here accompanying Ophelia so she can meet a suitable husband. My duty is to return to France after both of them are wedded."

Lady Danbury frowned. "Now why would a fine woman like you be considered a spinster when you're still able to participate."

"I'm five and twenty, Lady Danbury. My time has passed."

Lady Danbury didn't want to push the topic, knowing very well that the Late Viscountess passed away the year Tatiana was supposed to make her debut to society.

"Now, where is the Viscount? And your brothers?"

Tatiana's breath hitched. They were not planning on telling anyone about the change of Viscount until after Francis and Arthur returned. "The Viscount and my brother should be back before the first ball of the season, Lady Danbury."

The old lady smiled. "I hope I see marriage in three Burberry this season." The woman turned and started to walk to her carriage. "That reminds me. I would love to have you as guests at my house for tea. You can meet the family I'm sponsoring for this season."

The two younger sisters looked at the oldest with pleading looks. As much as Tatiana wanted to decline, she couldn't be impolite with Lady Danbury. "Of course, we'd be honored to be your guests."

Lady Danbury smiled and left the house.

"You didn't tell her father passed and that Francis is the new Viscount." Tatiana looked at Ophelia and nodded. "I assume Francis will be the one making the grand entrance with the new title."

"You would be correct," Tatiana said, "now, come along. There's much to do and so little time."

The Burberry disappeared inside the house, a figure staring at them through their bedroom window. They smiled, going back to writing their piece. Her readers would be pleased to be informed of the sudden return of the family in the first society paper of the season.