CHAPTER ONE

Amidst the storm's rage, a girl fights in an abandoned city, her very presence is unwavering in the quiet chaos that surrounds her. 

Each movement she makes is a blur, reminiscent of the crackling lightning that streaks across the storm above, while the relentless rain pours down upon her, drenching her from head to toe in a chilling embrace. 

The ground beneath her bears the marks of her opponent's struggle, bloodstains mingling with the earth and water, a testament to her ferocity.

With a low, guttural snarl escaping her lips, she stands her ground, vibrating with raw power, yet she isn't even trying her best. Her hand, swathed in bandages, clenches into a fist, ready to strike while her dark brown locks, tied up in a high ponytail, sway with each movement.

Clad in sodden black garb that clings to her lithe frame, she exudes an aura of lethal grace, a warrior born for the chaos of combat. And yet, amidst the swirling maelstrom, a smirk dances across her lips, a silent acknowledgement of the thrill that courses through her veins in the heat of this little fight.

For her, the battlefield is not merely a place of conflict, but a realm where she thrives.

As five men lay scattered on the ground, their bodies broken and bleeding, however, four of them stood defiant, despite their injuries, their faces a mask of grim determination. Yet, If fear coursed through their veins, they masked it well, even in the face of impending defeat. Little did they know, their facade would prove to be their undoing, for they were still underestimating the ferocity of the girl they faced.

With a mocking tilt of her head and a sarcastic smile playing upon her lips, the maiden surveyed her would-be captors with disdain. "Oh, how foolish," she murmured, her voice a siren's call laced with deadly intent.

In a blur of motion, she launched herself into action, swift as the strike of lightning amidst the storm. With a furry combination of punches and kicks, she dispatched two of the men with ruthless efficiency, sending them crashing to the ground in a whirlwind of pain and desperation.

With a sudden burst of speed, one of the remaining men lunged forward, aiming a powerful punch at the girl's head. But she moved with lightning reflexes, ducking under his attack and countering with a swift kick to his ribs. He stumbled back, momentarily stunned by the force of her blow.

Meanwhile, the other man seized the opportunity to strike, launching himself at the girl from the side. She spun around just in time to evade his grasp, delivering a series of rapid kicks that left him reeling, but he was relentless.

Closing the distance between them, he swung a heavy fist toward her, but she sidestepped with grace, allowing his momentum to carry him past her, she then took the opportunity and seized his arm, twisting it with calculated precision until she heard the sickening snap of bone.

As he cried out in pain, she wasted no time, using his momentum against him to send him crashing to the ground. 

She glanced at the other men who finally gathered enough strength to fight back but she Seized him by surprise and ensnared him in her grasp, her movements swift and decisive, with a firm grip, she immobilized him, rendering him powerless beneath her strength. With a merciless twist of her wrists, she silenced his cries with another sickening snap, his body falling limp in her grasp.

But before she could move to see her adversaries,  they launched themselves at her in their desperation. One of her adversaries managed to land a blow upon her, striking at her joints with ruthless precision. Though momentarily thrown off balance, she got hit by a powerful kick but the girl quickly regained her footing, unshaken even as blood trickled from a fresh wound above her right eye. 

With a swift motion, she splashed the bloody water from the ground into her assailants' eyes, momentarily blinding them and gaining a crucial advantage. Seizing the opportunity, she unleashed a devastating flurry of strikes, her fists finding their mark with unerring accuracy as she dispatched her foes one by one.

Finally, with a swift twist of her hand, she ended the confrontation, the last of her assailants falling silent as his life slipped away beneath her grasp.

As she stepped back from the scene, she heard a slow clap coming from the sidewalk. It was her 3rd brother, Remi, sauntering towards her with a smirk that could rival a mischievous fox's.

"Good job, sis. You're sharpening those claws nicely," he remarked, his voice dripping with sarcasm as thick as maple syrup.

"What do you want, Remi?" She could feel her patience waning, her wolfish instincts still bloodthirsty from the recent altercation.

Remi merely shrugged, casually opening an umbrella over their heads as if he was in a black-and-white film. "Just here to fetch you, my dear sister. You know, being the benevolent sibling and all."

At the pack house

A monolithic grey mansion stood proudly on the outskirts of town, looking like it was straight out of a novel. Surrounded by a forest and beside a river, it was a picture-perfect scene that hid the quirky chaos within.

Hey there, I'm Rae Evergreen, the youngest sibling and the only sister of the alpha of the Evergreen pack. And you should know that I have this habit of running away from the pack, but it's not because I hate them. In fact, I love my pack dearly. It's just that my inner wolf, she's... strong-willed, let's say. She tends to stir up trouble, and you'll understand why in a bit.

"Finally! You decide to grace us with your presence, little sis," Roger grumbled, his annoyance palpable enough to cut through the air like a machete. He stood there, arms crossed, a towering figure of authority and an older brother in annoyance, he is probably angry cause I wasn't in contact with him on the phone or in the mindlink but I needed some space ok.

"Oh, my little wolf cub! Come here and let your Luna give you a hug," exclaimed Eli, her arms outstretched in a maternal embrace. Eli was the epitome of warmth and care, though her cooking skills sometimes bordered on experimental. As my brother's mate and the Luna of our pack, Eli's presence was a reassuring beacon in the chaos of our familial dynamics.

"Oh, what a heartwarming family reunion this is," Rae chimed, sidling up to Eli on the couch with a smirk, much to Roger's annoyance. "But before we break out the tissues and group hugs, let me guess: I'm in trouble, aren't I brother?"

The corners of Roger's lips twitched a subtle shift from irritation to amusement. "You catch on fast, little sister. Whether you like it or not, you're going to the Royal Academy of Wolves, starting from the first of October."