Chapter - 1

Agastya's POV

"I really hope you will try to get to know her properly and then we can proceed with the other rituals. You have almost 3 months till your engagement and I hope that it is enough for you to get to know her better."

3 months? Wow I never thought that I of all people would be getting married and that too to a girl who is practically a stranger to me.

"I know this is a lot for you right now but I promise you will thank me after you see her. I really think both of you will be very happy after meeting each other after so many years."

"Can't you atleast tell me her name?" I ask.

"No then the surprise will get ruined. I can't tell you her name but you already know her. What are you so scared of?" He countinued to talk without waiting for my answer. "I already talked to them and arranged for you two to meet at 11am."

"And when were you going to tell me this considering it's 10:30 already."

"I told you now didn't I. Now get ready fast and go meet her. Don't keep her waiting. What are you waiting here for? Get out."

I truly love and respect my grandfather and it is very rarely that he asks me to do something for him. But when he does it isn't something simple. I really want to say no to him but I shouldn't. And moreover he is just asking me to meet her right now. What's the harm in that? 

I quickly take a shower and get ready. It's alredy 10:55 by the time I get out of the house. I rush towards the restaurant we are supposed to be meeting at. Wait! Now that I'm here how am I supposed to know who she is? I don't even have her number.

Just when I'm about to call my grandfather I accidently bump into someone.

"So sorry. It's my fault I wasn't looking up."

"No. It's ok." I've heard this voice before. And to be honest her voice not a voice you could easily forget. 

"Nyra?? It's been so long since we last met." I smirked.

"Agastya. It's you. When did you get back?" She said with her eyes shooting daggers at me. Wow. I never thought I'd miss our bickering.

"Why? Have you been waiting for me to come back?"

"You wish. It's just that you crushed my hopes of never meeting you again." Even though she was the sweetest person I'd ever seen before I'd gotten to know her. She never talked to me nicely. I don't remember why we hate each other but we do.

I smirked at her. She was so very easy to rile up. I was just about to make another snide remark when my phone rang in my pocket. 

"Hello" I said keeping my eyes locked on hers.

"Did you get there? Did you two find each other?" He said sounding as excited as ever.

"I think it would help if I knew whom I was supposed to find." I said rolling my eyes because I knew he won't be able to see me.

"Oh yes. I'm sorry I forgot. It's Nyra." What the fuck. She was the one I am supposed to meet. I thought while looking her upside down which might have been a mistake. Because she saw that and started smirking at me. 

"Ok. I found her.I gotta go." I cut the call before my grandfather could even utter a single word. "You're the one I am supposed to meet?" Utter shock making my voice sound more sharp than I intended.

"What? What are you talking about? I am here to meet my probably future husband." She said still not understanding the situation. But I can't blame her because I would have reacted the same way if she said this to me. And to be honest she is a little slow.

"Yes. And I think that's me. Because I'm here to meet my to be fiancee. And my grandfather just told me it is you."

"What? No that can't be." Pure shock and disbelief on her face.

"I guess you're dream of marrying me is about to come true." I said as she stared at me without blinking. If looks could kill I would have dropped dead on the floor by now.

As I looked at her trying to take in this information I realised that even though this was not at all what I expected I think it might be a lot of fun.