015. new year, new dysfunctional me

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
FIFTEEN!
new year, new
dysfunctional me
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮FIFTEEN! new year, new dysfunctional me ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         The months that had followed after the disaster at Starcourt Mall had left a bitter taste in Ashley Parker's mouth. Her life had changed in such a dramatic way and it was a hard pill that she was forced to abruptly swallow, no matter how hard she wanted to spit it back out. She felt like she was spiralling out of control with nothing to grab into.

Of course, she didn't want to dwell entirely on the negatives as she was grateful for something. She was grateful that she had found the love of her life, Robin, amidst the chaos that was her seemingly normal summer's job. It was practically fate, their hearts bindings themselves together due to the hardships they were forced to face.

They had barely escaped with their lives in tact, covered in bruises and bloody scrapes but they had each other, even when it felt like the light at the end of their pathways was bleak. They leaned on each other, feeling an immense emotion of love that was unique to them and they have desperately held onto that feeling throughout the last few months.

They were afraid that if they were to separate then they would fall into the dark abyss, being swallowed whole by the nightmares that lurked in the shadows. They held onto each other tightly, ready to brace the harsh storm together, no matter how hard it tried to pull them apart. It was as simple as saying that it was them against the entire world.

Ashley was grateful to have found solace in someone that was the living epitome of the sun. She needed that bright light to guide her through the darkness that had practically consumed every aspect of her life.

The girl sometimes felt like she was drowning in the harsh waves of to the point that she could barely breath without feeling some kind of pain. She was barely functioning, just a dying soul, wandering through the winding pathway of life and hoping for an end to this insufferable misery.

Every moment that she was awake felt like a fight for survival. Sometimes it feels like it would be easier to just allow the demons to win and be dragged down to hell but Robin's presence would always appear, like an angel sent by god and ground her in the normal world. She was her saving grace amidst all of the pain and chaos.

The sun had barely risen over the horizon when Ashley Parker had emerged into the outside world. She was met with a sharp gust of wind that sliced through her skin like a blade. She instantly pulled her bomber jacket even closer to her shivering figure, hoping that would be enough to warm her up.

The air had a slight chill to it, holding onto reminiscent of the winter season. Most of the snow had melted, revealing the lush grass that had been dying to poke through for months at this rate. Spring was coming and that meant one thing, spring break was right around the corner . . . in less than a few days to be exact.