Chapter 15 | I Am Not The Chosen

PART 2: The Chosen

"I am not the Chosen!" 

It was the fifth time Yun shouted the sentence.

"Paradise chose you," Angelo said for what was indeed the fifth time as well. "You are the Chosen."

With the trial over, the Church of Paradise was a much friendlier place to sit in. Yun was on the 2nd floor, clutching the sides of his stool with too many eyes on him. The Headmaster and Pastor Dolion's presence made sense, but why were Solten Brigts and Allison Alsetha here too? Not to mention the dozen church members lurking on the sides, eyeing him like a test specimen. 

His eyes hurt. After whatever had just happened, everything appeared... blurrier?

"Did Paradise tell you how to fulfill the prophecy?" Alsetha demanded with a fierce glare. 

"Were you able to witness Paradise?" Brigts added.

Pastor Dolion leaned over his desk, hand on his chin. "Tell us everything, Mr. Yukamara."

"I don't know anything!" he yelled, drawing back. The stool screeched, startling the group but Yun continued. "I think there's been a mistake, I really don't understand how this happened!"

He was telling the truth. One moment he stood waiting for Remigius to become the Chosen, the next he heard him screaming. All Yun had done was go up and...

He pinched his eyes shut and shook his head. 

"What is it?" Angelo darted forward, shaking Yun's shoulder. It jolted him back to reality. "Did you recall something?"

Alsetha also perked up. "Is Paradise giving you a vision?" 

"N-No! I, I j-just—argh! Where's Rem?" He huffed, not caring about how he pushed Angelo off of him. "I need to see him!" 

Pastor Dolion hummed. "Is this what Paradise has directed you to do?"

"No! I  mean—sure, yes!" 

"Remigius Atwaters is the least of your worries, Mr. Yukamara. Focus on the task at hand."

Where the hell was Remigius? Fuck. Could Yun even face him after everything that happened? Were they getting closer to him? Yun's grip on the stool tightened as he glanced at the staircase. If he sprinted—

"How will the demons be defeated?" Pastor Dolion asked. He rose, slinking around his desk. His hands gripped Yun's shoulders in place. "How can you defeat the Infernals?" 

"I don't know!" he hissed. His hands twitched. 

"You must search for the answer!" 

"I said I don't know!" 

"You must!" 

"I don't!"

"What is the meaning of all this!"

Yun snapped over to where his dad stood. His lips scowled, face twisted in deep anger.

Yun wrestled out of the Pastor's grip and raced to his dad's arms.

The rising anxiety in Yun's chest relaxed as his dad's warm embrace wrapped around him.