chapter 9

One month flew away in a blink, it was time for results. Last week the twins got their results Arsal as expected got 94.7% and then came armaan who shocked everyone scoring 91.3% , and the best part was that he himself couldn't believe that he scored that much.

Today was Inayat's result, she was hella nervous she didn't even come out of her room and stayed on the prayer mat from the fajr time and was having breakdowns. The family was worried she would fall sick but Zayyan could understand her feelings as he had gone through the same . These marks were really important for the entrance exam so not getting good percentage was out of the question.

Everyone were ready to cheer her up what so ever the results were. There was still an hour left before the results were out. One thing about Inayat was that she was always serious about her studies and she always proved it by getting distinction every year. The reason that she always said was that she wants to make her family proud. Her childish nature and her crazy behaviour just added another feather to her cap. She was just  imperfectly perfect .

It was 10.25 am when everyone except Inayat were sitting in the living room with the laptop kept on the centre table.
The twins were holding each other's hand as they were nervous too. Last five minutes were left before the results and Inayat was crying while saying the same thing  Allah please

At sharp 10:30 Faris logged into the site after typing the registration no. The ladies kept on saying different tasbeeh.

When the results were finally shown there was complete silence, on hearing no noise Inayat came down thinking the worst and asked very timidly kya hua

Ibrahim turned the screen towards her and seeing the results she started crying saying Thankyou allah. Her father immediately took her in his embrace, everyone were smiling through their tears.

Inayat had scored 592 out of 600 making it 98.6 % . Zayyan to lighten the mood said "ab to hamare Ghar ek aur doctor hai, kyu haina doctor sahiba"

Inayat nodded smiling. Her mother came to her and hugged her saying "jao shukrana namaz padlo" to which Inayat nodded and left to her room.

Going back to her room she offered her shukrana namaz, thanking allah for the results.

In the dining room everyone was waiting for Inayat to come, when she arrived dadi took the bowl of mango custard and made her eat it  saying "allah tumhari har khwahish puuri kare and kissed her forehead."

"Hayy ab bas bhi Karo ab mujhe rulao ge kya" armaan said dramatically seeing them

"Zindagi mein pehli baar sahi baat kahi hai mere bhai" Ali said teasing him

"Hainnn mai to hamesha hi sahi bolta hu wo to aap sab ko samaj nahi aata" armaan said

"Han kyuki sirf ek pagal ko hi dusre pagal ki baat samaj aa sakti hai aur hum to pagal hai nahi" Inayat said taking her seat

"Zyaada marks kya aagai ab apne Bhai se aise baat karogi" armaan said

"Haan karungi" Inayat retorted to which he looked at her as if she asked him for his property ka hissa

"Bas bas bohot hogaya aur bete armaan zara acting karni hai to seede karo Aisa ab actors ka mazak to banao  apni bakwas acting se" safa,his mother said to which everyone laughed

Dadu cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention and said "Aaj ham sab bahar dinner karenge, bete Ibrahim reservation kardena aur tum teeno apni demands ki list tayyar rakhna ye meri aur tumhari dadi ki taraf se gift hai "

The three musketeers squealed in happiness.

"Hayy dadu your the best abhi aapki chummi le leta mai" armaan said in a flow to which everyone laughed making him blush