NOTICE

IMPORTANT : this work does not belong to me, all credits go to Emerald_Slytherin!!

-

AUTHOR NOTE : I just wanted to make it abundantly clear that I was originally inspired to write this fic after I read the masterpiece that is Manacled, so I would like to thank SenLinYu for her amazing work! The memory searching aspect of Manacled is what inspired me, and although I have adapted that, (and also made Draco head Death Eater, because... ya know... we all love it when he's Voldemort's right hand man 😅😉), Secrets and Masks will be a very very different fic all together.

03/06/2023: This was the first piece of fiction I'd ever written/ published. I'm dyslexic and did not have a beta for this (I am very new to fandom and didn't even know what a beta reader was until I was 3/4 of the way through writing Secrets and Masks, and then I was like 'You've made it this far on your own, you might as well finish it on your own). I learned my writing style and about grammar etc as I went, and although I did run everything through Grammarly and check it repeatedly before I uploaded every chapter, there will be some grammatical errors/ typo's that I missed.

Anyway, enough babbling from me. I hope you enjoy. Love, Emerald <3

Updated 25/08/2023: After a lot of consideration, I have decided to bring on a beta reader to help with grammatical errors etc. As of today, beta work on chapters 1-20 has been done by the lovely @meraecherie. As you can imagine, with a fic this size it is going to take us some time to work through.