1. you'll never know how much i like you

They say, in a lifetime, you'll fall in love three seperate times. The first time you truly love is the most innocent; it's a puppy love, and you believe it's the one and only thing you're ever willing to keep in your life, but it's not. Your second love is the most intense; it'll ruin you, leaving you lonely at the lowest moment of your life, and it'll be so painful that you want to give up, but you don't, you don't give up and you keep trying because it teaches you something new—who you really are. The last love, the final one in your lifetime, is the unconditional kind; just being by one another's side is enough, and you'll feel adored, in love, and safe, and you wouldn't have seen it coming, but it's so beautiful you feel homesick whenever you're not together.

You believe you've fallen in love three times. The first time you ever know love is when the pretty brunette next door holds out her hand. Yellow bracelets encircle her dainty right wrist, and it's the only thing you notice because they just complement her shining, chocolate eyes so perfectly, almost like a portrait fit for royalty, to the point you believe you see two of her—the real her smiling before you, and the hallucination version of her with a shiny halo atop her pulled back hair.

"I'm Mira Kim," she introduces herself, and you swear wedding bells ring tunes of angelic harmony fit for the most lavish of romance stories. Your mouth falls open, too much perhaps, as she giggles and takes your hand in her own. She continues, her voice chirpy, "Nice to meet you!"

You stammer for words, but it's the slight concern in her galaxy, star-grazed hues of gold that makes you think twice, so you opt for a simple smile and a nod of the head, when saying, "I'm... I'm [name] [last name]. It's nice to meet you too, Mira!"

Her pretty name feels like a saving grace, and in the moment, you realise heaven isn't just a place where you enter, it's a sensation you feel. She grins brightly, her small dimples creasing, as she looks you in the eyes, and jumps up and down. You want to repeat her name, to say it once more, but she takes initiative and repeats your own in a much more delighted tone.

"[name]! Your name is really pretty," she tells you. For a second, you doubt the truth of her words but her sincerity doesn't lie in the way she grips your hands tightly, her warm voice melting the confines of your heart, as she shyly averts her once confident gaze mirroring the bright shine of the sun.

Your chapped lips part, though it's the smallest bit—barely noticeable, and you say, " Thank you."

A vivid blush settles on her pale cheeks, you notice, her right cheek tingles in red at the added colour, and it's a single shade darker than her left cheek which is decorated with a soft, light pink. She reminds you of a character from a manhwa. The kind where a heroine meets her hero, he protects her, and she falls in love with him. Your mind wonders, can one heroine protect another heroine?

Mira doesn't let go of your hand. She drags you along, her grip firm, as she leads the way towards a vacant swing set, void of anyone else, situated in the park forward of your homes.

"[name]," she calls out, her gaze beaming.

Your curious eyes follow her moving figure as she nudges you to take a seat on the right swing, grinning happily once you do, whilst she chooses to take the left.

Mira rocks her feet back and forth, watching herself lift further from the ground, her squeals of glee filling the air. She glances over at you. "Come on, let's swing together!"

Your cheeks become warm. "Okay."

The minutes pass by, and you're not sure how long it's been, with just the two of you, you and Mira, playing around the park, but you know it's the happiest you've ever felt. She chases you around the corner of the slide, clumsily gasping once she nearly trips over her own feet. Your hand covers your mouth; a small laugh threatens to escape. She pouts, her lips pursuing, as she crosses her arms over her chest, and gives you a playful glare.