2 - Faces

"Now suddenly your askin' for it back

"Now suddenly your askin' for it back."

"Y/n."

"Y/n!"

You turned your head to see a body on the floor, his body, his head severed as Eri looked down at the body.

"Papa?"

An older man appeared from behind her, lifting her in the air, and snapping her neck.

"I taught you better. You couldn't even protect her." His voice mocked, though his face emotionless.

You darted awake, your breathing turned shaky, and sweat beads on your forehead as you tried to calm yourself down

Eri was asleep on the motel bed, and you were on the motel floor.

She was peaceful, her fists were bleached around a small stuffed toy she had since she was a baby.

"It was just a dream." You mumbled, holding your head in your hands as you took deep breaths, with tears welling up in your eyes.

A few tears left your eyes, but you quickly wiped them away.

You walked to the small bathroom and turned on the light, then finally broke down, tears running down your face, as the reality of your situation came crashing down. You turned on the sink, splashing your face with water.

Pressing the button on your neck, you remove a piece of metal, a device, from your neck. You stared down at it, remembering the words of your old friend whom you made this with.

"This will protect everyone, even your baby."

Her words rang in your ear, as you dropped the device in the toilet, and flushed it down.

The door slightly opened, revealing Eri who rubbed her eyes. She seemed to just wake up, trying to keep her eyes open. The poor girl just lost her father, only having you left. Maybe you could try and find a few old friends, maybe warn them that they can see through the device? What would your next plan be? Of course, the first thing on your mind was protecting Eri at all costs, the last person you had left. You wanted revenge, and you wanted it bad, but couldn't risk your life and risking Eri's life. If you died, she'd have no one.