CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE - I HATE WINTER.

The manor had been as intimidating as it had been the night Scarlett had first arrived, the structure had loomed, the roof decors had pierced into the sky and there had been a few vines that had wrapped and sunk itself into the structure, it hadn'...

The manor had been as intimidating as it had been the night Scarlett had first arrived, the structure had loomed, the roof decors had pierced into the sky and there had been a few vines that had wrapped and sunk itself into the structure, it hadn't been excessive, so Scarlett had pondered if it had been Nicolae's idea to leave it there.

Scarlett and Drogo had been silent when they had entered the building, and Scarlett had been surprised a chatter-box such like him had been able to remain silent throughout most of the drive back to his home.

"Scarlett, Drogo," Nicolae smiled once he had noted the two students enter the foyer, and apologetic, Scarlett briefly hung her head low.

"Nicolae, I'm sorry for what had happened---"

"Nonsense!" He quickly responded and embarrassed, Scarlett had angled her sight towards him, cheeks flustered with deep atonement, her causing trouble the first day she came to the university was the last thing she had wanted. "You having an accident was not your fault."

Disconcerted, Scarlett's nails faintly brushed against her palms ere she tightened her hands into balls. "You've made quite the introduction; everyone will now know you as bloody nose," Drogo smiled and with the roll of her eyes Scarlett had remained silent to the blonde boy's joke as Nicolae briskly sent a piercing gaze towards his younger brother.

"Is there anything that needs to be done?" Nicolae questioned.

"No, it was just a nose bleed, I don't know why I had to be sent home for it," Scarlett replied.

"You're saying that because you're used to it," Drogo said. "That nosebleed was a waterfall."

Discomforted, Scarlett crossed her arms as she opened her mouth to defend herself. "It doesn't get that bad that often, I hope everyone here can handle blood," she then smiled, aware of the hasty looks the two brothers exchanged with each other. "I'll be in my room," she said, diligent to hide the smirk she had on her face, Scarlett had moved away from the Bartholy siblings before making her way up the stairs.

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

DECEMVER 9TH OF FEBRUARY 1950

ILLINOIS, CHICAGO

"We will not be giving her to you!" Her mother cried out, her voice strained with acrimony and displeasure, as she had continued to argue with an unknown figure that had stood in their kitchen; it had been a school night, approximately thirty minutes since Scarlett had been sent to sleep by her father, the young girl couldn't go to sleep as she had felt like her stomach turn and twist with intent to keep her awake.