prologue

⋆౨ৎ˚⟡˖ ࣪ — warning: drinking + smoking, implied sex

kierra was standing outside on her balcony, away from company of course.

the fact that suna ran into her was, coincidence, maybe even fate. that's how she likes to think of it.

"excuse me..." she turns, ashing the joint between her manicured fingers over the edge.

"sorry, thought this was the bathroom." he replies admiring the dark silhouette inches away. this was a complete lie, he was fully aware who's house this was.

he turns away before momentarily stopping at the girl demanding his attention.

"why don't i know you?" she questions, pulling smoke into her lungs.

"why should you?" he replies, turning back to face her in her doorframe.

"i know everybody, this is my school."

"sinclair?" he asked, asking about the school before putting the pieces together.

"that's me," she tilts her head, lifting the red solo cup in her other hand before taking a sip. "kierra sinclair."

he knew more about her than she could've ever imagined. her birthday, favourite colour, adress, even her social security number. kierra may not know it now, but suna rintarō is about to become her biggest regret.

"as in sinclair academy??" he feigns ignorance.

"i told you, this is my school," kierra really did mean it, without her dad around, sinclair really is her property. she likes to treat it such.

this was also her party, sinclair's annual tradition. without starting the semester with one of her famous house parties; it was considered bad luck.

"now, why don't i know you?" her eyes were hyper focused on his features. he was handsome, but that only deepened her curiosity as to how she doesn't know one of her students.

"rintarō suna, health science, fourth-year" he pauses,

"i'm new."

she doesn't know if it was bad or worse that suna wondered into her room tonight. there was something about him that she couldn't quite...put her finger on. something about his appearance peaked her interest.

"rintarō suna..." she repeated, his name had a ring to it which she liked, it sounded of wealth. "close the door."

the statement was clear, but in what way would he interpret her words? close the door and walk towards her, or shut it behind him on the way out.

the choice was his, and kierra was watching which of the two he would choose.

he stepped into the room, locking the door behind him. she liked his choice, bold. she figured a one-on-one with an attractive stranger wouldn't hurt.

"i want to know you, kierra." suna states, swiping the red solo cup from her hand, taking a sip.

she scoffs at his arrogance, watching him down the rest of her 1942 and apple juice. so fucking rude, she thought.