XXVI - Date

💥 WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERING SCENES OR SCENES INAPPROPRIATE FOR INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.

(WARNING: The following scenes may contain sexual content)

The next morning, when Taehyung woke up, his head was pounding, and his stomach was completely upset. He rushed to the bathroom and threw up everything he had eaten the day before, but even that wasn't as bad as what he did with his friends. He had made a huge mistake.

Jimin woke up to the noise and went to his friend to help, but Tae didn't want help; he didn't want his friend to see how miserable he looked at the moment.

"Quit the drama, Tae, I've definitely seen you in worse states." Jimin said, trying to open the door.

"Don't even start, I'm disgusting." Taehyung shouted. "Jimin, what did I do?" he spoke with a hint of desperation in his voice.

"You fucked up." Jimin replied without mincing words. "You should call them, arrange to meet somewhere. That is, after you feel better, of course." he continued, listening to Tae vomit once again.

"I know..." the younger one replied before vomiting again, but he didn't continue afterwards.

Jimin heard his phone ringing in his room and ended up leaving Tae to answer it. When he saw the name on the screen, he wondered what Jeon had to tell him so early in the morning.

"Hello?" Jimin answered.

"Jimin-shi!" Jeon replied, somewhat singing.

"Hi Kook, what's up?"

"Are you doing anything today?"

"Just resting and waiting for the hangover to pass. Why?"

The line went silent for a few seconds until Jeon gathered enough courage to speak.

"Do you want to hang out with me? Just you and me."

Of course, he wanted to, but not everything is about wanting or not. Just like Taehyung, Jimin was afraid. Afraid of how people would look at them if they saw him holding hands with another man. However, he had to be brave, not just for himself but for Tae too. Maybe if he took the first step and showed Tae that nothing bad would happen, maybe the younger one would have enough strength to try too. It was with this thought in mind that he accepted.

When Kim finally came out of the bathroom, Jimin was already ready to go out.

"Where are you going?" the younger one asked, already showered and teeth brushed.

"Kook asked me out on a date." Jimin replied, putting the finishing touches on his outfit.

"What?" Taehyung questioned, unable to believe his own ears.

"I'm going on a date with Jungkook."

Taehyung took a few seconds to process his friend's words, and when he finished, he started to feel his body freezing.

"Chim..." he spoke, his face as white as paper. "Are you going out in public? Are you sure you want that?"

"It'll be fine. We're not in our hometown anymore," he affirmed, not very sure of what he was saying. "Besides, times have changed."

"Not that much," Tae replied, pleading with his eyes for Jimin to change his mind.

"I think it's worth a shot." Chim replied. "That goes for you too."

"Take care." Tae said as he watched Jimin leave.

Jimin didn't have to walk far before reaching the agreed-upon place, a small diner where they served the best sandwiches in the neighborhood. When he got there, he could see Jungkook sitting at a table, tapping his foot on the ground faster than Jimin could blink, it was adorable.