Coffee

"I love you"
As I utter those words with sincerity, I witnessed her eyes twinkle and she gave me the most precious smile.Her smile always reminds me of the warm sun in December's coldness. It engulfs me and fills me with a kind of happiness that just feel cozy. She gently pulled me closer to her body, making me feel her naked skin. I could feel her steady breath on my lips and slowly she devoured me with such tenderness that it made me feel like I am walking on clouds. We weren't just naked, we were vulnerable and I wished time could just forget it's duty right there in this moment.

"Ma'am, may I refill your coffee?"
I jumped on my seat as I looked towards the lady standing infront of me with a pot of freshly brewed coffee.
"Y-yeah, please, thank you"
"No problem hun" she walks off and I finally look around me, the place got besier since the time I arrived. I don't know what I am doing in this part of the country at this hour. I came here with the thought that I would find some solance here but now realised that I am just getting more mingled in old memories.
I catch the sight of some delicious cheesecake and couldn't stop myself from ordering it and the kind waitress served it to me. I stared at my plate that contained the yellow hued cheesecake for a long while. I gently scoop the top and it melted in my mouth.
" It's sweet" I scrunch up my face as I tasted it, looking at my disturbed expression she giggled adorably. "Well what you thought it would taste like? Sour?" I give her a side eye, "you know I can't tolerate too much sweetness",
"well in that case" she proceed to take my plate "I would do the honor of finishing this majestic piece of goodess" I playfully slapped her biscep as she giggled again. Oh! If she knew how melodious her laugh is and how content I feel seeing her happy.

"It's sweet." I put my spoon down and continue to stare at the portion I just ate. Honestly I despise cheesecakes but this one tasted familiar and I am craving it.

I looked outside the window and spot a small puppy running around chasing a butterfly. It's tongue is out and tail dancing here and there rapidly. I smiled at its cuteness. "Did she adopted a dog" I shake off my thoughts and collected my stuff. I put the cash on the table and left not bothering to collect the change. The bell attached to the door ringed as I exit the cafe.
I don't know in what direction I went, I just kept walking. I focused on my steps rather than my surroundings, i feel calm now, my train of thoughts haulted and the only sound I could focus on is that of my own steps.
"Sir, my team is working-"
I stopped on my tracks and glance ahead. There she is, looking as beautiful as morning freshness. She changed her hair color and it is making her look more mature. I got lost in her charms. My heart beating faster at her sight.

"Babyyyy" I ran towards her and hugged her waist. "Aww someone missed me" she kissed my head and picked me up in bridal style. I capture her lips as she carried me towards our bedroom.

"- on it. Yes I have directed them to make the changes as you asked. Yes. Surely. It would be ready by 9pm"
She rushed past me without acknowledging my presence. As she passed my figure I released the breathe I didn't knew I was holding till now. My eyes teared up and I feel happy now. I look around and everything looks just how I left it. "It feels like only we changed" I continued my journey to nowhere with a smile, carrying a hope to devour the cheesecake again.

As Lily continued walking along the path, Rose stopped on her tracks. She looked back towards her Lily long enough to make sure she doesn't fall due to her clumsiness until she is out of her sight. She too hopes to get lost in her lover even if it's just for a second.

Rose pushed opened the door and the bell ringed again. She looks around the cafe like a lost lamb trying to find a hint of familiarity.
"She sat on that table near the window" the waitress softly tells her. Rose gave her a half smile and sat on the same spot. She stared at the cup of coffee thats no longer warm and the half eaten cheesecake. "She took my favorite flavour". She pick up the used spoon and started eating the cheesecake. Rose slowly took a sip of the coffee "it taste like shit" she smiled and continued drinking it. She too despises the taste of coffee.