Whack-a-mole, or is it a mole...? PART : 4

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 : Whack-a-mole, or is it a mole...? (4) : (A cold heart full of sins can always change, all they need is the right golden retriever to save them.)

--------------------------------------------------------

For the most part of her life, J had been.. A terrible person so to say, she'd been one hell of a bitch . Not like a whore or a plain asshole, but an egotistical bitch.

That was an undeniable fact, for the time she'd been with N, from the time at their mansion to arriving at Copper 9, she'd been abusing him mentally and physically, calling him insultive nicknames and hurting him to the point where he needed hours to regenerate.

Of course, N, being the handsome wholesome devil he was, repressed it under the notion of her doing it because she knew what's best for both him and the team.

She was the leader after all..

She thought she was doing the right thing, she thought she wasn't a bad person, or that the company always came first.

Oh, how wrong she was.. Haha..

Her beliefs about the company fell down gradually after Tessa told her everything,

The Worker Drones weren't exactly 'corrupt' but rather were being culled by the [ABSOLUTELSOLVER] for more possible hosts.

Don't get her wrong though, she knew what she did was wrong. She thought what she was doing was alright and fine. Few bits of her memories were also scrapped when she became a disassembly drone when they arrived at Copper 9, making her actions towards N more.. Abusive than what she would have done back when she was a maid.

When J saw the jaws of death enclose in on her, she took in her final breath as her life flashed before her.

Because there was no coming back from this death, once you were killed by an Eldritch.. You're gone forever .

They didn't know how, it just could.

She remembers her first meeting with Tessa, and to her first activation.

The company had created her as a personal maid and guard for Tessa, at first she was unsure if what she'd been doing was fine, but in the end they ended up bonding together and becoming friends.

They spent a lot of the time together, J learned that there was more to her current environment, she wasn't exactly fond of the mansion or what Tessa's parents are doing to her. Who the hell chains up their own daughter? She also didn't like how most of her fellow drones were treated, they were casually killed like insects for the smallest minor inconvenience, the mistress even chained up drones to be perked to death by crows.

Not like she could do much about it, she was the head maid, she was expected to be the most responsible.

She was always sucking up to the higher ups and being the 'upright and perfect' drone, she did somewhat find some joy in it, but there were times she wanted more than nothing but to be far from the humans, excluding Tessa of course.

It wasn't long until V and N appeared in her life, Tessa had been more than happy to befriend them and treat them as her own family.

V was a shy and delicate girl back then, she did her job properly, she was probably one of the most responsible and helpful and J liked that, N on the other hand.. Was probably the most annoying and useless drone she'd ever laid her optics on.

But that did not mean she did not see him as a friend, her time at the mansion with them was.. Probably the best memories she'd ever had, even if it was grim and annoying at times.