♡Ch-5:Who was that guy?♡

Chapter 5: Who was that guy?

The grandeur of their new home enveloped them—the marble floors, the chandeliers, the echoes of emptiness. Sunghoon stood by the window, his gaze distant. Wonyoung watched him, her heart a tangle of uncertainty.

Wonyoung suddenly remembered,  Sunghoon asked her who was she staring at , do she decided to answer it , because there was no point in hiding it at all so why keep him curious.

"Sunghoon-ssi," she began, "about the guy at the wedding—"

He turned, his eyes sharp. "The one you kept staring at?"

Wonyoung nodded. "Yes. He's my ex."

Sunghoon's jaw tightened. "Ex?"

"We used to be happy," Wonyoung said, her voice barely audible. "But Hari ruined it all."

Sunghoon's silence was a storm. He didn't like the way Wonyoung looked at her ex—the lingering glances, the memories etched in her eyes.

"And now?" he asked, his voice a blade. "Do you still... like him?"

Wonyoung hesitated. "I thought I'd moved on," she said. "But seeing him today... It stirred something."

Sunghoon's grip on the window ledge tightened. "And me?"

She met his gaze, her vulnerability laid bare. "Sunghoon-ssi, this marriage—it's duty, not desire. But maybe... Maybe we can find something real."

His eyes bore into hers—a challenge, a plea. "Equal footing," he murmured. "Remember?"

And in that vast, empty mansion, they stood—two souls bound by more than duty. The threads of their tangled pasts unraveled, and Wonyoung wondered if love could bloom amid broken promises.

To be continued...