chapter seven

When Moria said dinner, I didn't know she was inviting the whole family. Uncle Jas, Sebastian, and Aunt Miranda were all there at the restaurant when I showed up to have dinner with my best friend.

"This is a surprise," I say with a smile

"Don't be mad." Moria says they wanted to come for a family dinner. "

"I'm not mad, just a little awkward," I say

Uncle Jas pulls my chair out for me to sit. "We just want you to know we're still here no matter what," he tells me

I smile, we order. "So how was your lunch date?" Moria asked

I smile. "It went very well," I tell her

"Do we really have to talk about it?" Sebastian asked

"Yes, because I wanna know," Moria says

"Let's not agure," Aunt Miranda says

"I went to see Grandpa today," I told them

"How is he?" Uncle Jas asked

"He's not doing too well,"

"I'll go up and see about him tomorrow," Uncle Jas says

I take a deep breath before I say anything else "I know y'all don't want to talk about this but it's really important to me" I tell them "Kaden's mother is throwing us a engagement party and I really would like all of you to be there"

"We will be there for you, dear," Aunt Miranda says

I smile. "Thank you,"

"And we Promase to be on our best behavior," Moria says

The rest of our meal was engaged with light conversation about the business and grandpa. Nothing else was said about the wedding. I didn't even tell them it was going to be next month when I got married. After I head home to shower and bed.

Kaden wined and dined me all week. He let me know that our engagement party was at the end of the month and that his mother was fine with us making plans for a wedding for next month. I started my shopping for our wedding.

Our color for the wedding would be red and black. I had already picked out invitations, and Kaden and I were going after the engagement party to look at some venues where we would like to get married. I expressed how I wanted an outside wedding, so we were looking for outdoor venues. I had my bouquet picked out. It was red, white, and black roses. All my bridesmaids were going to were long red, tight fitted dresses with slits on one side. With it, they will be carrying a bouquet or black and white roses. I had yet to pick my own dress out, but I was getting to it. Kaden and his groom men or whatever they are called will be blessed in black suits. Kaden will be in a white tie as all the others wear red ties.

I was excited about the engagement party but a little nervous as will knowing that my family and Kaden's family were both going to be in the same house at the same time.

Moria had called two days before the engagement party to ask how I felt about a Bachelorette party.

"I really don't want to have one Moria," I tell her

"Girl, it'll be fun though,"

"It's not for me,"

"Alright, what if me and you just go out and have a girls' night after the engagement party then?" she says

"Promase Moria just us no one else"

"Just us," she says

"Ok."

She squeals at the top of her lungs. When she hangs up, I feel the need to call Kaden.

"Hey, you miss me," he asked