☆ chapter one ☆

the year was 1983. the afton's had moved to a small town in utah called 'hurricane' roughly a few years ago, in 1980. they lived only a few houses down from the emily's, who they became close with not long after introducing themselves.

vincent had introduced michael to his friends, beth and jeremy, not too long after the two of them had became friends. they were close with their friend group, but closer with each other and often hung out all the time, with or without their other two friends.

the younger kids, charlotte, samuel, and spencer all got along rather quickly. elizabeth found herself hanging with them, michael and vincent, or her new founded friends from school.

henry and william would go on to create a new, unique diner; something the town had never seen. it would be called, 'fredbear's family diner' and would open to the public in 1982.

the restaurant featured a decent sized arcade, a various menu including pizza, burgers, hotdogs, and more. what made the diner unique was the two animatronics, fredbear the bear and springbonnie the bunny.

the animatronic interior could be tweaked to make it wearable as a mascot costume, but this idea was later thrown out and replaced with a fabric costume due to limited flexibility and the risk of the springlocks inside going off, either by being accidentally triggered or at random.

———————————————————

vincent was currently walking with michael to the bus stop, his other two friends, jeremy and beth, were following behind slowly, chatting about homework.

today was their last day of school before summer break, the afton family and emily family decided to get together, have a pool party/cook-out and let the kids have a slumber party.

the slumber party and other activities were planned to take place at the afton residence, vincent and his younger siblings had packed their bags last night, and packed extra bedding this morning. henry was planning to swing by the house after work to grab it all.

"so.." michael said, his sentence trialing off. he wanted to talk, but wasn't sure what to say.

"so?" vincent responded, glancing over at michael.

"are there any girls in class you find attractive?" michael asked.

"oh...uh, no...i don't like girls.." vincent said, shaking his hold. he didn't realize the wording practically outed him to michael. "..do you?"

michael shrugged, "not any girls in our school.." he said. it was a poor attempt to drop hints that he was queer too. he wanted to know vincent was safe with him.

however, vincent didn't pick up on the clues. he instead just nodded, "okay, cool.."

shortly aftert the short, akward conversation, the group of middle schoolers got onto the bus. michael and vincent sat in one seat, jeremy and beth in the other seat, directly across.

beth, who was sitting closest to the isle, turned to face the two, "do you two wanna meet up at the park tomorrow with me and jeremy? we could hang there for a bit and then maybe hit up the arcade at fredbears."

vincent smiled and nodded, "sure, that sounds really fun. what do you think, mikey?" he asked, turning to face the boy sitting besides him.

michael didn't respond at first, he had zoned out as he stared out the window. vincent waited a few seconds longer before gently tapping him.

michael turned to face vincent, "hm?"

"beth wanted to know if you were interested in hanging out with me, her, and jeremy tomorrow."