Chapter 6

The young sharkling stared at the fish before her unsure where to start.

"If you don't eat you won't grow big and strong." Her Papa said. Even so, Sarada had never eaten a fish before. The two were in Sasuke's home, he lived down deep in a cave where no one could bother him. It seemed quite lonely but on the plus side, they didn't have to worry about any unexpected intruders.

"It's staring at me..." The little mershark muttered poking it. Sasuke sighed and was about to give her his piece instead until the little sharkling disappeared and brought back a bunch of seaweed.

"But that's okay, I found this." She said placing it in a 'bowl.' Well that was what the humans referred it to Sakura had told him. "Does Mama make you this?"

"Yeah, it's my favourite." She grinned slurping away using her claws; unfortunately, seaweed wasn't enough for a growing sharkling.

"It'll get easier... as you get older your instincts will kick in and you won't hesitate but to go in for the kill." Sarada had stopped eating at that, so... she was just going to attack innocent creatures for no reason?

"Is this why everyone back home is afraid of me?" She may be young but wasn't stupid. It was obvious how different, bigger even Sarada was than merfolks. They didn't like her clearly but it never occurred to her that they could simply... be afraid.

She only had a few close friends but would never want to hurt them.

"We're predators Sarada, and they're the prey. That's how the world works." If she was going to survive as a sharkling, he had to toughen her up. Otherwise, she may as well live with Sakura and at this rate neither was a great option.

"But you never ate Mama, so you're a hipocrit, Papa."

This again.

"I think you mean a hypocrite."

"That's what I said, hipocrit," Sasuke smirked amused, for someone who talks a lot it was adorable how she pronounced certain words wrong. And he was still getting used to being called 'Papa.'

Papa, Papa, Papa.

It was like she wouldn't stop saying it, not that he could blame her.

"But Sarada won't eat fish, I will be a fish-free shark."

"You really think you can decide that."

"Yup!" Such confidence.

"Finish your food," was all he responded ruffling her hair, he'll let her be for now. Sarada pouted trying to sort out her small bang.

"Yo Sasuke! You in there?"

Suigetsu? Immediately Sasuke was on high alert, as was his daughter. Sasuke told her to remain quiet as he went out to get rid of his friend, only to find another two sharks waiting.

Did something happen?

"What is it? I'm busy."

"Yeah, yeah. You'd rather brood alone but this is urgent. Apparently, a mermaid was spotted near the area not too long ago." Ah, most likely Sakura. She should be back home by now though.

"And get this, Neji also met one. She was looking for some bracelet or something. I'm telling you Sasuke, they're taking advantage of us. They think we've gone... soft..." He wasn't like where this going.

"What's your point?"

"My point is, the next intruder who comes in should get a warning, regardless if they're friends with pinky or not. A bite, a scratch? We're sharks Sasuke, they are food! You can't keep expecting us to live like this!"