The Starting

.*- At the opening of a new garden in the Kingdom of Yokohama -*.

Prince Chuuya lazily looked around the garden, his eyes glazing over from boredom. He had no particular interest in gardening, and was only here to show that he, as a prince, truly 'cared'  about his people.

The owner of the garden, a man with a bleak expression, spoke. "..Your Highness, would you like to look around?"

Chuuya sighed, and nodded in exasperation. Just this one thing, then no more ceremonies for the day, he thought to himself. 

The owner called out, "..Atsushi? Please take His Highness around the garden."

A young man with disheveled silver hair, styled into an unruly haircut rushed towards Chuuya, frantically brushing his clothes, a plain grey shirt, untucked, with ragged black pants. He tried to remove the grime and dirt from his clothes, but to no avail. Embarrassed, he bowed slightly, and spoke. Unlike the owner, his voice was timid and weak, unconfident.

"..Y-Your Highness.. welcome. I-We, are so glad for your appearance for our opening. Would you follow me, towards the main parts of the garden?.."

Chuuya frowned at the amount of stuttering and low self esteem this Atsushi boy had, but plainly nodded. "You may." 

.*- Meanwhile, at the Royal Palace -*.

Prince Chuuya's Guardian, and the Queen of Yokohama, Her Highness Koyou, sat on her throne, examining through a long scroll, which was of the list of newly added knights. One particular name stuck out to her- Osamu Dazai

She frowned, and ticked his name, folding the scroll and handing it to a servant holding out their arms for the scroll. Koyou spoke, her voice firm and authoritative, "..Bring Osamu Dazai to me."

.*- In the main garden -*.

Atsushi showed Prince Chuuya around, and Chuuya noticed that as time passed, Atsushi's behavior became more friendly and confident. While Atsushi was leading Prince Chuuya towards the exit of the garden to leave, Chuuya spoke,

"..Please excuse me for interrupting but.. what is your full name?.."

Atsushi blinked in confusion, but answered dutifully, "...Atsushi Nakajima.."

Chuuya nodded slowly, and folded his arms. He spoke, his voice more calm, "..Well, Atsushi, it was a pleasure meeting you. I assume you stay somewhere else?.."

Atsushi, for some reason, turned nervous at the question. He was about to speak, when the owner came next to Atushi, and placed his arm on Atsushi's shoulder. Chuuya's eyes sharpened as he noticed a detail. 

The owner's arm was practically clamped over Atsushi's shoulder, and Chuuya had enough fighting practice to know when a grip was gentle or firm. The owner spoke in a forced polite tone, "..Actually, he stays with me. After all, he is an orphan, so he has no where else to-"

Chuuya interrupted him with no hesitation, and spoke, "..Then I'll take him under my wing."

The owner looked absolutely shocked. He chuckled nervously and spoke, "...Y..Your Highness!.. He's just a worthless peasant.. there's no reason to take-"

Chuuya rolled his eyes, and shook the owner's hand off of Atsushi's shoulder. He glanced at Atsushi, and almost flinched as he saw the expression of relief and shock on Atsushi's face. 

Chuuya sighed, and looped his arm around Atsushi's shoulders, leading him away from the owner. Chuuya frowned to himself as he felt how underweight Atsushi was. 

Atsushi spoke quietly, "....Your Highness... you won't really take me in, will you?.."

Chuuya blinked, and scoffed. At first, his statement was just to lure Atsushi away from the man, but now... "..Hell yes I will. Now just follow me. You won't be stuck with that stuck up old man anymore." 

.*- At the Royal Palace-*.

The Throne room was entirely quiet, leave out the footsteps of Osamu Dazai. He went on one knee, his face facing downwards. He spoke, his deep voice echoing throughout the room.

"..Your Highness."  

Her Highness Koyou spoke, her tone calm. "..Rise, my child."

Dazai slowly rose, his head still respectfully facing downwards. 

Koyou continued, "..I have a favor for you. I assume you already know of it, since I sent word along the way?"

He nodded, and spoke, "..Yes, Your Highness."

Koyou looked at him with a slight trace of approval, perhaps of his respectful attitude. 

"..Well then, are you prepared?.. My son is not an easy one to deal with for sure."

Dazai chuckled, and nodded. "..Do not worry, Your Highness. I am prepared."

Koyou shook her head, "..The guards will escort you to your quarters."

As Dazai turned around and left the room with the guards, Koyou felt a tinge of approval. Perhaps he was suited for this position. 

As soon as he was out of sight, he snickered, and spoke under his breath.

"..Fool."