chapter eight

The engagement party went off without anyone getting killed. A couple weeks after Kaden and I went to see a lady about a venue. He picked me up early, and we got breakfast along the way.

"You sure you want it outside?" he asked as it started to rain

"Yes," I tell him

"Rain or shine"

"We'll just have to make sure the venue isn't muddy when wet,"

He laughs. "We'll make sure there's no mud puddles."

Mrs. Donna Taylor will be the lady helping us to pick out the venue. As we pulled up to the location she had given us, I saw her standing outside her little red bug. She wears a red skirt and jacket suit with a white shirt underneath. Her blonde hair is penned up neatly in a bun. She smiles, her red lips smearing a little.

"I'm so glad y'all found it," she says. "When you said outside, I thought this would be perfect for you."

Kaden smiles at me as she leads us back through some underbrush to a clearing on a beach. It's breathtaking and so quiet.

"I don't know," I say

"You don't like it," she asked

I trun to Kaden. "You said you wanted outside, baby," he says

"I know, but when I think of outside, I think of green grass, flowers, trees. Stuff like that, not sand in toes and beaches." I look back at Mrs Taylor."It's a beautiful place. I just don't think this is for us. "

"I understand." She says, "It's all a process, no worries."

"You do understand we need it for this month," Kaden says, stressing it

"Yes, sir, I think I might have a place." She says,"I'll look into it and get right back to you. "

We start for our cars. I sit quietly as we head back toward town.

"You alright?" Kaden asked

"You don't think I'm asking too much, do you?"

"It's your wedding. You should have what you want."

"What if we can't find a place in time, Kaden?" I asked a tear, escapes my led.

"I don't think Grandpa is going anywhere until he sees you walk down the aisle," he tells me

I glance over at him. Hopefully, he's right, and God will allow my grandpa to stay on this Earth until I am married off. He grabs my hand, kissing it.

"Let's go shopping, I think we need to redecorate the house after we're married," he says

I smile. "All but my parents' room," I tell him. "I haven't even been in there since I been back,"

"I understand, whenever you're ready,"

"My father's office, I would like to keep it the same," I tell him

He nods. "Maybe we could take the chairs out,"

"Maybe, we'll see," I tell him

The day we went to the cater was the best. We picked out a red velvet cake. It's going to be four layers of white frosting. Black lace embroidery and red roses around all three layers.

For our menu, we chose to do a variety of beef, chicken, and fish. Our sides are dinner rolls, steem vegetables, and asparagus spears. We are doing a salad bar where people can make their own salads. And we pick a variety of different desserts. I make sure nothing has nuts in it for the ones that will allege. The drinks we do wines and a sherbert punch drink. We have cocktails and small hors d'oeuvres for the  staff to pass out while.