𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀, plans

[ NOVEMBER 23RD, 2021 ]

          A FEW THINGS HAD not gone the way Charles had originally planned. On many levels. But it had all turned out better than he could have imagined.

It had all started a few months ago.

Charles hadn't been planning on proposing to Noura until at least three years into their relationship, not because he didn't want to, he did more than anything, but simply because he assumed that she wouldn't say yes. They'd been dating for just about two years, and that just seemed too soon for Noura, who was such a practical person.

But then, Charles had overheard a conversation between his girlfriend and his brother. Where Noura had said thirteen words that had changed everything. "If Charles asked me to marry him right now, I would say yes".

That was all Charles needed to hear. He had the ring bought a week later.

Charles had gone onto Noura's phone while she was in the shower and had gone to her Pinterest, where he knew she had an extensive wedding board with a fully stocked ring section.

Charles already knew her ring size and her preference towards gold, so he took that, and screenshots from the Pinterest board to Noura's favorite jeweler and had a ring custom made. That part hadn't gone awry, thankfully the ring was perfect. He knew that Noura would love it.

Arthur was the first to discover his brother's plans, and had reacted in the way any younger brother/best friend would. He had burst into tears. It was a strange sight, the one of Arthur crying, but Charles appreciated it. His mother and Lorenzo had reacted similarly, though thankfully with less tears.

Next, Charles had gone to Noura's mother and showed her the ring. Dalia had been nothing short of ecstatic, something Charles had actually been worrying about, seeing as Noura was only 21, a bit young to be getting married. But Dalia was wholeheartedly on board, she spouted some stuff about how 'when you know, you know', and how there was no point in waiting.

That had gone swimmingly.

Charles had then gone to Darius and Maya, who were slightly more skeptical, but couldn't really say anything, seeing as they too had gotten married pretty young (at 23). In the end, Darius and Maya were fully on board.

But that was where the easy part ended.

Charles had initially wanted to propose on his and Noura's second anniversary, on the fourth of December, but that hadn't worked out. They would be in the middle of the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix on the fourth, and Charles had a very specific location he wanted to propose at.

But that was okay, simply a minor setback. Charles was pretty sure that Noura would just say 'well now we have more days to celebrate!'

Charles had then concocted his proposal idea. He knew it needed to be in Monaco, at the bench he had showed her to three years ago. That was their spot. They went there pretty much every day they were in Monaco, just sitting in the fresh air for hours, watching the sunset over the swaying trees.

That was when inspiration had struck Charles. He knew exactly what he was going to do. It would just require a little help from the Monagasque government.

But of course, as most governments do, the Monegasque government messed it up. Charles had specifically asked for his request to be delivered on the 28th of November, giving him time to mentally prepare after the Qatari Grand Prix, but they had done it on the 22nd, a whole six days before Charles had asked. That gave him limited time to mentally prepare. He barely had a speech written.