Chapter 2.2: Morning Light

...

I immediately call for an ambulance through my phone. And we were sent and admitted to the hospital. Upon entering the ER with me he regain consciousness, he reached for my hand and said " please dont leave me..." and i replied " i will not leave you" He was being treated there after having some bruises and an open wound in the head caused by the bat and me with some bruises and scratches. And since hindi naman masyado malala ang mga natamo ko eh madali akong nakalabas sa hospital. Pero syay naiwan doon kasi kinakailangan daw syang dumaan sa mga test at obserbahan ng mga doktor. And I feel guilty about everything he has to go through. At para naman masuklian ko ang kabutihan nya at para narin matupad ang promise ko sa kanya eh na pagdisiayunan kong lagi syang bisitahin.

Everyday I go and visit him at the hospital after class and we became best of friends even for a short time of knowing each other. And eventually it came to a point that i started to like him. I dont know but he became the very person i see in my dreams and the person i always think of parang ganun.

At dahil sa best friend ko nga sya eh nalaman ko rin sya'y isang gold medalist sa olympics sa karate at sila ang nagmamayari AT & T. Grabe ang yaman pala nila. Pero napapansin ko na nagiging makalimutin na sya. He even forgot his own address. Pero nevertheless masaya kami sa isa't isa.

Pero sabi nila ang kasayahan daw ay napapalitan ng kalungkutan and i never thought that day would come so quickly.

It was late afternoon at galing akong school, nandito ako ngayun sa hospital to visit him. Excited ako na makita sya. Noong nasa front nako ng door ng room nya eh may narinig akong hagul-gol before i can take a move eh may lumabas mula sa room nya; si tita Aileen mommy ni Troxie. She forced herself to smile at me but i can see the sadness in her eyes and the fresh tears in her cheeks...She hugged me tight and whispered "go inside he needs you" she let go of me and leave. I quickly opened the door and was surprised to see him crying. Its my first time to see him cry and it sadens me. I slowly approach him di ko alam kung anong nangyari at lalong di ko alam kung ano ang gagawin ko para macomfort sya. " Troxie.." hinawakan ko sya sa may balikat. "I am about to lose everything Cj" he said between his sobs " my memories, my most treasured possesion."

" Tr-troxie I-i dont understand?"puzzledna tanong ko.

"I-i am diagnosed na may brain h-hemorage di sya masyado malala ngunit as an effect ill be losing my memories. My memories as a child, teakwondo, my friends & family ill be forgeting all of them ....bit by bit ill be losing everything" he hugged me and continued to cry on my shoulder "a-and...ill be losing ...you" mahina ito pero narinig ko iyon.

"T-troxie why are you telling me this?" "because i love you and i dont want to forget you.." nangilid na ang luha ko. He loves me too niyakap ko sya ng mahigpit at bumulong sa kanyang tenga " i love you too..." then i kissed him...it was a subtle kiss full of sweetness and yet added with pain. And it was official naging kami, pero itoy patago. I visit him more frequently than before. I start my day and end it with him at the hospital walang araw na di ko pinalagpas na di ko sya kasama. I want to make the most of everything. While we have time...while he can still remember everything. At dahil din doon i know more of his pain. I now know how his head hurts every morning. And i witnessed how bit by bit his memory went lost. And i witness as his body deteriorate. Time became our worst enemy. The vector that would end everything for him...for us. Pero lahat yun ininda nya at pinasan naming dalawa. As I continue to reminisce, a scene pop out iny head

"babe bakit you prefer to be called Troxie rather than TJ ...di naman sa panget ang name mo but TJ sounds more masculine than Troxie" he chuckled and answered " Yes I addmit napaka odd ng name ko and should be blaming my parents for that jejeje, but i guess i should be thanking them for naming me Troxie because it reminds me how special i am..a name that is quite odd but definitely unique...and that's who i am...im unique" and from that day i have love the name Troxie for it means special a name that would always be close to my heart.