Stay

Kris woke to the sun shining directly on her face. The blistering light caused her face to scrunch up burying her head into the warmth in front of her. When did the pillow get so warm? Her mind was a haze as she snuggled into the warmth. When it started to move, slowly she opened her eyes to a naked chest. Khalil's chest. Her entire being froze as she processed her new position.

They were both laying on their sides, with her arm wrapped tightly around his waist and his wrapped around hers with their legs tangled together. Something large was poking her hip and she started to wiggle away trying to get away from it. She wasn't expecting him to pull her tighter against him and mumbled what sounded like, five more minutes, please.

She nearly combusted from his voice, it was so deeply husky and laced with sleep that she squeezed her eyes tightly shut trying to compose her emotions. This was nothing, but the devil, an act of war. It has to be, because no man's voice has ever made her nearly melt on the spot. But, she has to admit, she could get used to this if this was the way she can wake up every morning.

The man she grew up with, holding her like the lover she wished she was.  But, that can't happen. He doesn't know what he's doing, but for now she'll let herself dream.

They laid there for another 30 minutes before Kris wiggled from his embrace due to the painful urge to pee. After relieving herself, she made her way to the kitchen admiring the white granite kitchen countertops. The kitchen was outfitted with all black appliances, with a white granite island and black stools. Her stomach growled, as she looked through the cabinets for something to eat.

There wasn't much, but it was enough to make a decent breakfast. Settling on making a simple breakfast of blueberry pancakes, eggs and bacon, she got to work. She was flipping the bacon when she felt fingers tickle her sides, causing her to scream and nearly jump out her skin. Whipping around with a frown, she pointed a greasy spatula at a cackling Khalil.

"Khalil! I hate you and your dumb tickle attacks!"

Catching his breath from laughing, he leaned against the counter with a smug smirk. "Aw come on, Kris, you know you love them and you make it too easy not to tickle you." He held his hands out as if he was going in for another attack, but Kris quickly whacked his hand with the spatula.

"Unless you want your bacon to burn, I suggest you cut it out!" She admonished, trying to hide the smirk that was desperately trying to break free.

"Ok. Ok. I surrender."

"Good, now grab some plates."

He did as he was told, making a plate for her first then his, piling the rest of the food on his. Just as she thought, he still had a big appetite for someone who wasn't 600 pounds.

Sitting at the island beside each other, they graced their food before digging in. "You still make the best blueberry pancakes." He groaned, her skin tingling with goosebumps.

Fuck! Keep it together Kris.

Clearing her sudden dry throat, she took a sip of orange juice before speaking. "I've had time to perfect the recipe. I'm glad you still have a big appetite, because making so much food would've gone to waste."

They talked idly as they finished their breakfast, the time they spent apart seeming almost nonexistent as they eased back into their teasing nature. It was nice, making her feel almost normal about what brought them together. Almost.

Khalil cleaned the pans while Kris put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. "So, when can I go back to my apartment?"

Halting his movements for a second, Khalil kept his head down as he spoke. "I'm not sure if it's safe for you to go back for a while, so I was thinking of having you stay here instead."