04|

P R E S E N T

P R E S E N T

A U T H O R:

The room was a cavern of shadows, the air thick with the remnants of last night's whiskey.

He lay sprawled on the dishevelled bed, his face buried in the pillow. The fabric absorbed his tears, each drops a silent plea for forgiveness.

The room clock ticked mercilessly, echoing the rhythm of his heartache.

His eyes were swollen, the whites bloodshot. His crisp white shirt clung to his skin, stained with the residue of regret.

The scent of her's lingered, mocking him. Her voice that used to wake him up in the morning has now faded away..

The sun tiptoed through the curtains, illuminating the empty wine glasses on the nightstand.

The glowy rays fell on his eyes waking him up. As he woke up.. the happenings of the past day were reflected in front of him...

As he stood from the bed he staggered to his feet, the room spinning.

His phone lay on the floor which still has her picture as the wallpaper resembling that without her his morning is empty... not even the morning but the whole day, the whole life..

As soon as he got up a thought clicked into his mind, and without even wasting a single second he went to the bathroom.

He turned the faucet to relieve himself. With each droplet of water on his body her memories lingered. The warmth of her lips on his, their peaceful moments, the baths but now everything has faded away..

 The warmth of her lips on his, their peaceful moments, the baths but now everything has faded away

"What did I do wrong? I am getting the punishment of the sin that I haven't even committed... For the first time ever I saw a rage, a feeling of hatred in her eyes.. it's painful, it was hurting me.."

Tears rolled down my eyes but they were hidden beneath the water.. The tears can be hidden but the pain they hold can never be.

"That day, the day which had to be the most beautiful day of our lives, became the most ominous nightmare. The day which had to lay the foundation of our love burned everything into ashes."