~ Telling her ~ 🌤️

(February, 2024.)

I get a phone call from my mother. "Hey, Clay! We're having a party for Valentine's Day! Do you want to come?" I smile. "yeah, sure!" I hang up the phone and tell Nick. "That's sounds fun!" Nick says, "Can I go?" I blush and ruffle his hair, "obviously you can." Nick looks at me. "Clay, are we ever going to tell your mom?" Nick asks. I stop smiling. "I-.. I don't know." I say. "This could be the perfect time to tell her, you know," Nick says as he rubs my back.

A few hours go by, and we both stand outside my mother's door. I shake as I go to knock on the door. The door flies open and I get bombarded by 5 different family members. "Clay, nice to see you!", "Clayton, long time no see!", "Hey!" - I sigh and smile. "hey, guys," I say. "Come inside!" my mother says. I glance at Nick. My mom also looks at him. "And who are you?" she asks raising an eyebrow. "This is Nick, my best friend for at least 10 years?" I say with a chuckle. "Oh, yeah," she says. We both walk inside.

After the party settled down I ask my mother if I could talk to her alone. "Uh, yeah sure," she says. I sit down on my old childhood bed. "What'd you wanna talk about Clay?" she asks. "You know Nick, right?" I say. "Yeah," she says in confusion. "Well..." I say trying to stall. "Just say it Clay," she says in an angry tone. I jumped as I wasn't expecting her to yell at me. "Me and Nick are dating," I say as I look away smiling.