chapter one ❤︎‬

pierre - ryn weaver ▶︎•၊၊||၊|။||||။၊|။•

bennett sat down on the dewy grass on a warm summer morning. he was near a tree close to the bridge that led to the place he lived in, mondstadt city. home of the people of the anemo archon, barbatos.

he rummaged through his  backpack, checking he had everything. bennett had very bad luck, a lot of the time when he goes out on commissions for the adventures guild, he would make sure to pack things, but somehow they would just disappear! it was very annoying for him and it didn't seem fair at all. 

by some miracle, he hadn't forgotten anything! "thank barbatos..." he said to himself. 

he stands up and puts his bag on, walking in the direction of wolvendom. today wasn't a usual day. he wasn't beating up hilichurls for the adventurers guild, he was helping out a friend.

this friend was barbara. she works at the church as a nun. she is also mondstadt's most famous  idol. everyone loves her. bennett hated to admit it, but he looked up to her.

barbara asked him if he could bring her some wolfhooks in exchange for mora (which he was planning to spend at good hunter). that was why he was going to wolvendom. he passed a statue of the seven and carried on.

out of nowhere, the sky became cloudy. he looked over towards mondstadt and saw tornados spinning in the centre of the city, near the statue of the anemo archon! "wait what-? what's happening?!" 

suddenly, a blue dragon flies over him. stormterror. this created a gust of wind, strong enough to push him back into a ditch near wolvendom. 

he collided with a hilichurl as he hit the ground. they bashed their heads together very hard, causing them both to fall unconscious.

∘₊✧───────✧₊∘  

bennett slowly opens his eyes, the sunlight blinding him. a blurry figure of a woman is right in front of him.

"bennett! bennett- wake yourself!" he hears fischl's voice say. he blinks and sits up.

"ugh... fischl..?" he says, placing his hand on his head.

"that is i! the prinzessin der verurteilung! i have come to rescue you, benny, from the torture you have endured. i have slain the hilichurls that have tried to attack you and-" bennett cuts her off

"i have too big of a headache to translate a word you said" he stretches his arms.

fischl passes him a sunsettia she found on the way. he thanks her and eats it, feeling grateful someone cared about him.

after a while, the two decide they were going to continue bennett's task from before of finding wolfhooks. 

as they approached wolvendom, bennett noticed a strange blue light coming from a lower platform. fischl, however, just ignores it and carries on looking for wolfhooks. 

he's drawn into it. a quick look wouldn't hurt, right? he hides behind a tree nearby and peaks out of it. he sees a large white and blue wolf talking to a boy who looks his age. the wolf must be andrius, the one from the books miss lisa forced him to read. he stood there for a few minutes, mesmerized by the boy's bravery. he could never talk to a wolf, let alone lupus boreas. he's literally one of the four winds!

eventually the wolf fades away, leaving the boy alone. bennett ended up taking a step closer, unfortunately he stepped too far and he tripped and fell. a 'quick' look did end up hurting. the boy flinches and turns around when he hears bennett fall on his arse.

"who are you?" the boy says with caution.

"i'm uh- i'm bennett. i live in the city, i came to collect wolfhooks and i tripped and fell in here" he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"i see." 

"are you from the city? i've never seen you before" bennett tries to start a conversation with the boy.

"no. razor lives with lupical here" razor says bluntly.

"ohh! so you're name is razor? and what's a 'lupical'?" bennett noticed that razor didn't speak well and he didn't talk with good grammar.

"wolf family. they-" he's cut off by fischl.

"bennett!! i have found all of the nutritious delicacies we have been asked to gather by our good friend! thine's trust shall finally be gained by thine's peers!" she yells to him happily.

"what mein fraulein means to say is she's found the wolfhooks and wants to go home" oz says.

"oh, okay! see you razor!" he smiles at razor before joining fischl as they walk back to mondstadt city.

the sun was starting to set as the two walked across the bridge.

"it seems rather unfair, seeing as thou was very disobliging. i for one missed thou's presence. however, thou took thyself with charismatic charm and was flirting with that male specimen from earlier!" fischl explains

the only word bennett understood was 'flirting'. he blushes "shut up amy"

800 words yayyy 🫶

also so sorry if this is bad it's literally 1 am rn help meeeee 😭

(edited on 4th august 2024)