002.

I GROAN AS i hear my alarm ringing as i reach my arm out, tapping the 'dismiss' button on my phone before sitting up to see ania still curled in bed. maybe we shouldn't have partied the day before school starts.

i get up, walking over to the bathroom and brushing my teeth before waking up ania. 'hurry and get up.' i speak after repeatedly poking her in her shoulder, earning a slap. 'hey!'

'ill skip breakfast.' she groans as i scoff.

'ani if you dont get up you're never getting a drink or drugs from me ever again.' i announce as i walk into our walk in wardrobe and pull out my uniform, just as i see ania walk past me to the bathroom, making me smile.

'didn't have to be so mean about it.' she mumbles as she shuts herself in the bathroom, making me roll my eyes as i start getting dressed.

starting with a white button up blouse, leaving the top one undone despite the lecture i'll get for it (a problem for later), a black and red striped tie, a short black skirt, a black blazer with the school logo on it and my pair of beat up black airforces. it's uncomfortable as fuck, but i've gotten in trouble way too many times for uniform that it's gotten embarrassing at this point.

i do my natural-looking make up before curling the ends of my hair as i turn to ania when im done. 'are you ready?' i ask her as she nods, putting her earrings in as i take the keys, passing them to her as she catches them and places them in her pocket before i take my bag off the floor and open the door.

'ugh, i don't wanna go to school. i miss summer.' she groans as she clutches onto my arm, making me giggle as we head downstairs while greeting anyone we saw that we tolerate.

'you'll be fine, ani.' i say as she scoffs.

'why are you in such a good mood?'

'im curious to see if there's any new people. duh.' i state matter-of-factly as she looks at me, shocked.

'i forgot about that even being a possibility.' ania speaks before pausing. 'okay let's go.' she says before dragging me as we speed-walk to the cafeteria while laughing.

we sit down at our usual table, before being joined by someone else.

'im happy to see you both survived the summer.' cruz states as he walks towards the table with a few plates and a lot of waffles, pancakes and bacon stacked on his tray as he places it all down.

'cruz!' ania and i both say at the same time, standing up and hugging the giant as he wraps his arms around our shoulders.

'how was your summer?' ania asks him as he nods after sitting down.

'good, i saw my family.' he shrugs as we both nod before we start eating from cruz's plate. 'what about you two?'

i swallow my bite of waffle before replying. 'well my summer was grand. i spent almost all of it drunk on the beaches of bulgaria. that one was stuck in her grandma's apartment.' i laugh as ania glares at me before turning to cruz.

'have you ever been in an eastern european apartment block, cruz?' she asks him softly as he looks between us, looking slightly frightened.

'uhh.. no?'

'okay. so you have no right to laugh at me.' she speaks, attempting to be threatening but both cruz and i just break out into laughter, making her shake her head as she takes another bite from her pancakes.