1.

"My father's doing it again. His ridiculous narcissism and boastful demeanor thing. All he does is talk about how superior he is and how none of us would be anywhere without him. It's only gotten worse since he started sleeping with that raggedy old hoe from down the road, Danielle Hayes. He thinks none of us know but my sister and I have known for months now. We've stayed quiet for a very long time but now I feel like it's the perfect time to speak up.

See Danielle was a money-hungry, man stealing materialistic whore and my poor poor excuse for a dad unfortunately believed that the grass was greener on the other side. Word around town is The raggedy loose woman is pregnant with his baby.

To make it worse she is very close to my mother. Comes by every weekend to her book club nights and goes into town with her for brunch on Sundays after church. Little did my mama know she was the devil in an angel's disguise.

"Clean up the damn room Beyoncé," Mathew yelled at me from down the hall.

The stench of sweat and whiskey spilled from his pores. He was drunk at 2 in the afternoon. Just pathetic.

My whole body tensed up when I heard his horrid angered tone. The hauntingly aggressive vibe he had killed the mood.

"I already did." I huffed.

He looked at me up and down and continued to tend to his mail. He was opening envelopes and reading bills off to my mother.

"You did your chores too?"

"I don't have any chores, papa..." I corrected him... or so I thought it did.

He cleared his throat and named a bunch of things I should be doing now giving me a headache because when the hell did I ever get assigned this many chores?

"I watched you do absolutely nothing Beyoncé, you're just as lazy as your damn mother. Not good for anything besides being pretty." He yelled at me.

Tina raised a brow and sighed, "That's enough Mathew"

He raised his hand and struck my mother across her face smacking her so hard that she fell to the ground. I watched as my mom held her tears back and wiped the blood off her face.

"I didn't ask for your opinion woman. How about you get yourself together and check on Solange."

My mom didn't respond to him. She just silently picked herself up avoiding eye contact with me and continued to go upstairs where my sister was resting.

"And as for you, Beyoncé go tend to the livestock, feed them, and then after wash the horses." He demanded.

"Yes papa...." i said quickly before dashing out the house.

________________

The ride from our home to the ranch wasn't that bad. i put my headphones in my ears and took my horse on a trail that we never had taken before. Solo said it was a convenient shortcut so i figured why not.

I washed the horses first despite my father's orders and then fed them. Between that time I fed the livestock and myself, picking berries from the bushes and resting on a bed of hay.

I missed college and honestly couldn't wait until summer break was over. My father made my life a living hell and I couldn't stand another minute of his demands.

"Beyoncé this... Beyoncé that..." I mimicked my dad. "He's a piece of shit. I'm so tired of him."

As I pulled out my cell phone to scroll on social media I felt someone towering over me. I was relieved to see it was my little sister.