4.

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, it was very tidied up with fancy paintings and a fireplace. The room had a hot tub in the middle of it and champagne bottles in ice buckets. I knew immediately Jay had booked us a suite at a 5-star hotel.

The annoying ringtone for an iPhone device rang over and over until I hit answer. I was certain that it was maybe my mother or sister calling me this early in the AM but I was very surprised to hear the voice of an unfamiliar woman on the other end of the line asking for a Shawn Carter. I was confused as to who Shawn was because I was lying next to Jay.

"Hello is anyone there?" the woman said to me.

I took a deep breath and told her that I was indeed still on the line and willing to talk.

"Hey, How can I help you?" I whispered into the phone

"Im looking for Shawn, Shawn Carter." the woman said again.

I cleared my throat before responding trying not to sound dumb."Uh, Shawn is sleeping... but I'll be certain to tell him that you rang Miss Lady." Fuck... my Texan accent came out.

"Miss lady....." The woman said in confusion. "You're that country girl that he's fucking?"

I rolled my eyes at the woman's depiction of me. "Dating...but with all due respect that isn't your concern."

"Oh..." she said while laughing on the other line. My eye twitched in irritation.

"Be careful Shawn is a hoe, he breaks hearts." She said

I laughed sarcastically and bit down on my bottom lip. This bitch had me fucked up trying to tell me About the man I'm laying beside.

"I appreciate you for trying to be 'helpful' but I'm not worried about a bitch, I have never met one that could keep up with me. Trust me, if I have him... he's not going anywhere." I snapped.

My smart remarks took aback the woman, I could tell by her silence. But I just broke it by simply getting smart again.

"Now...Care to tell me why you called my man's phone?" I snapped.

"Look... Shawn is my brother, so no worries. Also, I reached out because me and my son are in some trouble, and were stranded in the middle of nowhere with no way to get home. I needed a money favor, only like $100. I know he's good for it, he gives me money all the time." she said.

I listened carefully to her request, trying to maintain my composure. "I understand your situation, but I'm not sure if I'm the right person to ask for help. I'm just his lady and I'm not familiar with his financial situation or his history of helping people."

The woman seemed to understand my hesitation. "I know it's a lot to ask, but I have nowhere else to turn. Shawn has always been there for me and my son, and I thought he might want to help us out this one time."

I considered her words for a moment. "Alright, I'll see what I can do. But I need you to promise me that you'll find a more stable source of support in the future, so you won't have to rely on Shawn or others in this way again."

She agreed, sounding grateful for my willingness to help. I promised to talk to Shawn about her situation and see what we could do to assist them.

I trusted what she said so I took Jay's phone and Apple paid her $200 instead of $100, she thanked me and then hung up the phone. Afterward, I went right back to lying with him.

like I said...I didn't remember falling asleep in this room with Jay or even getting here. I guess I was too drunk for him to drop me off at my momma's. I suspect that he took me here to make sure I rested well and slept the tipsiness off.