13. Deception

Raja's POV

I looked at her, and at what I did to her - the root of all cause. Had my dark senses just shut the fuck up then, she would have already flown to her family and fiance, and I would have sprinted my way to Rome and begged Ammu to come back.

But times have changed; my heart does not ache the same way it ached before when seeing Ammu with other men. I guess she is keeping her relationship open and exploring.

Maybe that's what I started to do too, I guess. But I don't have the curiosity to explore with many women, just this one.

Wait did I just think that? Anbu would have killed me right now if he hears my thought, but Anbu would also kill her if he learns that she's just acting as if she likes him. Gosh, why does my heart beat faster for a girl who is playing with my best friend?

I mean, she could be deceiving everybody here including me, who knows - I witnessed how she can lie and act out of her way to save her head. So I shouldn't pity her too much either. I should just do what Ram said to save Ammu - who is most innocent compared to all of us.

"Hey! What? Did you even listen?" Y/N waved her hand in front of me and I snapped back. I nodded yes. She saying now that her DSP joined hands with Ram, but in that case, I don't get why Ram wants me to do the job; he can easily ask Ashwin and Y/N would readily go.

But Anbu won't let her go. That is why Ram wants me to bring them both to save Ammu. A ransom but it's my best friend and this... girl.

Y/N packed her luggage soon after I told her about the Ammu situation. My stomach tied knots seeing how she wants to fight them back, instead of surrendering and betraying like me. Tears are fighting to let them out as if they want to warn Y/N. Y/N, being the fox she is, started to feel the emotions and hugged me, thinking I am worried sick only for Ammu.

My hands hugged her tightly, hoping she would take this as an apology for the betrayal I was about to do. I cried my heart out as that was the only thing I could do.

"Anbu is with us, why do you have to worry da?" She said as she gently broke the hug, pushing me away, perhaps worried that my other side might enjoy this a little too much. I realized Anbu was standing at the door all the time, and my feet automatically moved a few inches back.

We told him everything and Anbu consented to fly to Rome and fetch Ammu.

**************

In Rome

"We have reached the destination." The taxi driver said in his thick English accent. Raja paid the fare and we started walking into the street that led to an abandoned motel.

I thought it would look like a haunted building, but for an abandoned motel, it is well-maintained. 

They dragged us upstairs pushed inside a room and locked us in

They dragged us upstairs pushed inside a room and locked us in. I can hear Ammu's whimpers from the next room. Anbu banged the door swearing to let out.