Chapter 1- A STAR than no longer MINE

Gyo Aesira Look, better known as Aesira, ruled the halls of University of Seoul International Valley (U-SIV) with an ice princess demeanor. U-SIV, a haven for the wealthy elite, boasted daughters of senators, doctors, and the like. Even at the tender age of 16, Aesira held the prestigious position of Supreme Student Council President. Now, at 22, graduation loomed ten months away.

Leadership coursed through Aesira's veins. Both uncles were renowned senators, her mother a respected doctor, and her father a prominent lawyer. Raised on a foundation of excellence, achievement came naturally. Born with a silver spoon, life's challenges were easily surmounted.

Perfection was her obsession. As Aesira scanned the bustling U-SIV, a small smile played on her lips. Her tireless efforts as president had transformed the university into a gracious host for the exciting women's volleyball match. The gym buzzed with anticipation as students, eager to witness U-SIV, Seoul's most prestigious university, compete for the first time.

Months of relentless planning culminated in this moment. Historically, U-SIV focused on basketball, track and field, and martial arts. But Aesira, in her final year, championed the inclusion of volleyball. Recognizing the growing popularity of the sport, especially among women, she presented her vision to the Dean. He, impressed by her forward-thinking ideas, greenlit the project. The volleyball proposal, championed by Aesira, secured unanimous approval from the board, recognizing the potential to enhance the university's reputation.

A five-minute walk from the gym, the roar of the crowd reached Aesira's ears. Volleyball, it seemed, ignited a passionate energy unlike any other sport. Thanks to their council president's initiative, a wealth of hidden talent had been unearthed. The recruitment process had yielded a formidable team, propelling U-SIV to a coveted spot amongst the top five contenders.

Competitive fire flickered in Aesira's eyes as she neared the gym entrance. Today's match marked the final round of the summer sports qualification. Victories would progress to the semifinals, with the national team selecting its best players for international competition. Anticipation hung heavy as the final results would determine which teams would advance.
Just as Aesira reached for the gym door, Hailyn emerged, accompanied by Jilianne and Scenna. Hailyn's eyes, red-rimmed and glistening, betrayed the tears she fought back.

Aesira's brow furrowed with concern. "What happened?" she asked.

Hailyn, as if lost in thought, hurried past without a word, her escape fueled by some unseen urgency. Aesira turned to Jilianne, who offered a sad smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Her ex," Scenna muttered, the word laced with disapproval. "The one who ghosted her."

"Kaeser here?" Aesira's voice sharpened with concern. "Kaeser Noon Choi?"

"Apparently," Jilianne spat, bitterness lacing her words. "Playing on Asueler Academy's volleyball team, no less. Who knew she had any talent beyond toying with hearts?"

"Damn that sucks," Aesira muttered, a knot of worry tightening in her stomach.

"Seeing your ex strut around like nothing happened," Jilianne gritted her teeth, her gaze flickering towards the gym entrance, "makes you want to throw something at her face."

"Hailyn needs us," Aesira said, her voice firm but her eyes flitting between the gym and the direction Hailyn disappeared. She instinctively reached out, as if to follow, then stopped.

"Scenna and I will go," Jilianne offered, her voice laced with concern. "We know you have responsibilities inside, Aesira. Supreme Student President duties and all. Pam and Mer are there, too."