004.

'I LIKE YOUR church. it's different.' cruz says as we walk back to campus with ania. he decided to come with us because he needed to feel more comfortable for the game, and since we were already going he joined us.

'aww thanks.' ania says, making us chuckle as we turn into the gates, neil the security guard being awake this time.

'hey neil.' i greet as he waves at me with a small smile.

'how was church?' he asks as we all reply, a combination of 'great' 'educational' and 'fun' as he chuckles. we continue on towards our dorms until we reach the girl's block.

'noah left you jerseys in your rooms, a special one for you, ani.' cruz says with a smirk before he taps her shoulder and walks off.

'cruz carvalho what did you do?!' she yells but he doesn't turn around, instead continues on. i laugh as she rushes to get inside, the lift being fixed for once. we both get in and press the button for the 4th floor. 'im scared.'

i laugh. 'i think you'll be fine.' i say, earning a glare just as the doors open and she rushes to our room. unlocking the door, she gets in and finds a jersey on her bed with lópez and 6 on the back.

'oh my god.'

'what?' i ask, walking over and seeing it on her bed as i cover my mouth, stifling a laugh.

'i am not wearing this!' she yells as i laugh.

'well, cruz only gave us one carvalho jersey, and i don't talk to manny so..' i trail off as she scoffs.

'i am not wearing this.' she says sternly as i raise my brows at her.

WE'RE STANDING AT the bottom of the stands by the team bench as they all go to their positions. noah looks over at us, blowing us a kiss as ani and i blow one back before laughing. after a lot of convincing and threats, she finally ended up wearing manny's jersey despite how much she blushes every time he looks over at us. oakley's also with us, but he hasn't said anything.

the whistle blows and the game starts, our side clearly having the most possession. at 36' cruz scores, him and the team coming to celebrate in front of us, his eyes flicking upwards for a moment as we all cheer, even oakley cracks a smile. albeit its small, but it's there.

then, it's half time and the team go back to the bench to discuss tactics. cruz and noah jog up to us, noah clearly much more excited than the brazilian. 'hey!' he says as he pecks both ania and mine's cheeks.

'hey.' we reply. 'nice goal, cruz.' i say to the brazilian and he nods with smirk.

'thank you, nady.' he says before manny jogs up to us.

'hey, ani, nady.' he greets as we smile. 'i like your jersey, ani.'

'mhm– thanks.' ani says, making me stifle a laugh at her awkwardness as she elbows me in my ribs.

'oi!' cruz scolds as ani plays it off by looking at manny.

'it means a lot that you're wearing it.' he says with a smile as she nods.

'well, i wanted to be supportive.' she says as he smirks.

the coach then calls them back as we bid our goodbyes, the three of them jogging to the field.