Chapter 1 - Lucia POV

Amidst the swirling chaos of battle, where steel clashed and magic ignited, a forbidden alliance was born, setting in motion a tale of darkness and redemption.
︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪︶︶ིྀ︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪ ︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶

"Seriously Lucia, I can't believe you slept in!" Frustration evident in her voice as her ginger hair catches the sunlight between the crowd of trees. Hurriedly my apology came spilling out "I'm sorry Alice! I had slept really late last night, I didn't mean to stay up as late as I did." Alice's eyes softened, so did her voice "it's okay, we're okay." as she placed her hand on my shoulder. I'm glad I have her as a friend, she's great. With curiosity flowing through me, I asked "Why is it such a big deal anyway ? And where are you taking me ? Why are we in the forest ?" She stares back at me, eyebrows raised, taking her hand of my shoulder, as she sighed tiredly "Ethan and The Oni found the nogitsune this morning, now we're sort of in a mini war.." the word "war" catches me off guard causing me trip on a tree stump as my eyes widened. At war! They said capture, not kill him immediately! Alice helped me up just for me to stare at the sun, being so bright it could've blinded me. My shocked look relaxed as I shouted "AT WAR! Are you insane! I thought we were supposed to capture him, not kill him immediately!" I exclaimed keeping myself under control.

Alice gently brushed the leaves out of my brunette hair as I say, now frustrated "why do we need him anyway ?" Alice replies calmly, as if it wasn't a big deal "The Oni want him." I reply again filled with questions in need of answers but refraining myself from asking more than one "Why are we even working with the Oni anyway ?" I could see Alice controlling her rising frustration towards me, "don't act clueless, you know why." My eyes narrowed slightly while processing Alice's words, a flicker of annoyance crossing my face. Of course I know why we are working with the Oni, but that's not what I wanted, I want Alice to acknowledge it aloud. With a wry smile, I countered, "Oh no, I don't. Why don't you give me the pleasure of letting me know?" Alice began losing her temper and began walking faster, I struggle to catch up as I'm shouting behind her "oh come on! You can tell me Alice! We're both friends right, you fucking know why! Say it out fucking loud!" She spins around rapidly, facing me. My frustration boiled over as I demanded answers from Alice, their voices echoing amidst the trees. Why won't she just say it? She knows I wont stop until she does. But before Alice could respond, a distant sound pierced through the air—a faint but unmistakable cry of distress. Our argument forgotten, me and Alice exchanged a worried glance before breaking into a run, our footsteps pounding against the forest floor.

We arrived at a massive plain field in the midst of the mountain and the forest. Screams echoed throughout as the clashes of steel and the roars of otherworldly beasts across the battlefield. Shadows moved amidst the flickering flames, which cast an eerie glow upon the current scene of chaos. You could see the very little amount of us humans left over, armed with swords and shields, stood shoulder to shoulder with their Oni allies, their faces drowned with determination. The air splattered with bolts of dark magic as it collided with blasts of rage. Amidst the fray, the Nogitsune, a sinister figure, moved with unnatural grace. With every swipe of his razor-sharp claws in his fox form, another soldier fell, their screams lost amidst the cacophony of war. How was he fighting all these Oni and soldiers on his own? The other nogitsune's were killed by the Oni, I wonder why they want him alive and not the others. But the humans and Oni fought on, their resolve unbroken, as they pressed forward against the relentless onslaught.
As the clash of steel and magic reached a crescendo, the fate of both worlds hung in the balance, the outcome of the shadowed allegiance uncertain. Me and Alice exchanged looks once again, unarmed, she nods at me and we run into battle, collecting weapons off the dead and fighting for our lives.
︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪︶︶ིྀ︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶֪ ︶֪︶︶֪︶︶︶֪︶︶
As the battle raged on, Lucia had found herself face to face with the nogitsune, back in his human form, as she charges towards him attempting to weaken him in order to capture him, a surge of energy exploded through the air, casting an eerie glow across the battlefield, making me and the nogitsune stumble back out of the crowd of battle. In the midst of the chaos, a powerful spell seemed to be unleashed, the dark mist of magic weaving through the fabric of reality. With a blinding flash, Lucia and the Nogitsune found themselves roped into a shimmering vortex of light. Lucia got one last look at her friends and the Hannya masked men, as the world around them blurred and shifted, they were suddenly thrust into a realm of swirling shadows and ethereal mists. A barrier formed around them, sealing them off from the discontinued battle outside as the enemy had gone into the vortex with Lucia, there was no one left to fight. Startled and disoriented, they stumbled backward, their eyes meeting in a moment of shared disbelief as they realized they were trapped in this strange, otherworldly dimension with no one else in sight.

— Finishedddd chapter 1, idk if I should carry this on but I probably will. —
— it's not very good since it's my first story but oh well 🤷‍♀️, if there's anything I can improve on please let me know!—