Part 2

Part 2

"kaku, what is this? You know I don't believe in this shagun apshagun. It irritates me." Virat complained when he got to know that his kaku Bhawani Chavan is not accompanying him to Pakhi Salunkhe's house because a cat crossed her path in the morning while she was returning from temple and now she thinks that if she goes with Virat then definitely something bad will happen. According to her, Virat was going to meet his would be wife. She was so confident that Virat would like Pakhi and would say yes to marry her at once and she didn't want anything to bring bad luck today.

"You don't believe in it but I believe in it. And we are talking here about your future....your marriage...I don't want anything to go wrong." Bhawani tried to make him understand. 

"But kaku, it would look awkward that a prospective groom has come alone to see the girl. What will I do there? Its my first time meeting someone like this....I don't know anything." Virat reasoned. 

"Offo! Aisa kuych nahi hoga. Kuch awkward nahi lagega. Maine Pakhi ki papa ko phone karke sab kuch samjha diya hai. You just go, meet her, ask her whatever you want to know...it will all be ok....I am sure once you see her na....you wont be able to say no." Bhawani replied and literally pushed him outside the door.

Having no other option Virat sighed and started walking. He stopped when he was just about to cross the premises. He turned around and before he knew his legs carried him towards the mango farm. He looked here and there to see if that mango thief Sai and her gang was here or not. There was no one. He sighed and turned to go back. He didn't know why he wanted to see her in the first place and when he didn't find her here why he was disappointed.

Since Pakhi's house was nearby Virat thought of going on bike instead of car. If his kaku was with him she would have never allowed him to take bike. His kaku believed in showing off their wealth and riches to everyone. And she would have never left an opportunity to show off in front of 'ladki wale', Virat thought and laughed. He respected his kaku a lot. She had earned every bit of respect in this town with her hard work and lived upto Chavan clan's image but she was a bit pompous when it comes to society, class, wealth, family prestige and all. And he having spent most of his time in Nagpur where all he interacted with all sorts of people in his student life, he was much more practical and understanding. But he knew in spite of being all this his kaku was good at heart.

Virat reached Pakhi's house. There he saw some boys playing gully cricket on the road. The one who was batting hit the six and the ball broke the rear view mirror of Virat's beloved Harley Davidson. Virat picked up the ball and looked at his bike. His heart broke down with the rear view mirror. 

"Aey, ball wapas karo." One of the boy said.

 "Wapas? My foot. You know what you did here...you hit my favorite bike...is this the place to play cricket? Call your parents I will complain to them." Virat shouted in anger. 

"Hey you!" The one who has hit the shot spoke now. Virat kept looking at that "boy" who now had  removed his cap in anger and his long hair came open. He marched towards Virat now angrily and Virat got the shock of his life when he identified that "boy" as that mango thief girl Sai when she came closer.

"Do whatever you want. Jisse bhi complaint karni hai kar lena...you akdu...now give our ball back." Sai said in attitude. 

Virat just kept looking at her with open mouth. She was again wearing plain jeans and boys collar t shirt. She had tied her hair in a bun and wearing a cap. From some distance she indeed looked like a boy. He saw all her friends...the same gang...all were boys though. May be she is tom boyish. He concluded.