ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

CHAPTER NINE - TROUBLE

DAMIAN'S POV - HALLWAY

I hesitantly took my hand off the wall and wiped the tears off his cheeks. I stared into his eyes, his hazel brown teary eyes. My heart clenched as new tears formed and his broken voice ghosted through the air.

"dami.. she's my ma, I can't lose her to Gotham" That was the first time he said my name and it awoke something weird in me, like I didn't want to see him cry over anything again. So I slowly wrapped my arms around him, gently cradling him in my arms like how grayson used to.

"Don't worry too much Torres. She's probably home, asleep on the couch and waiting for you." I whispered into his ear, my arms tightening their hold on him.

ANDROMEDA'S POV - HALLWAY

I stood still, basking in his body warmth befoe carefully unwrapping his arms from around my body, quickly wiping the dried tears off my cheeks and away from my eyes with my free hands.

"Thanks Wayne boy.. Can I make one more call on your phone?"

"Tch. Go ahead Torres, whatever stops that wretched crying. You look ugly when you do." I looked at Damian and just smiled, showing all my teeth before turning on his phone and calling another number. My older sister: persephone.

"Come on sis, answer the phone!" I bit the inside of my cheek and leaned against the wall, or what I thought was the wall.

"Tch. What the hell do you think your doing Torres. I'm not something you can rest on. Get off"

"I was going to, but since you said to. I'm gonna stay, it's really comfortable." Just as Damian was going to respond back, I heard my sister's high-pitched voice breathy speak.

"Hello, who is this" Her voice seemed to sooth down my beating heart, she sounded just like ma's. Comforting, soothing, and all homey like.

"If you don't answer, I'm going to hang up."

"Wait!! Pers, don't hang up. It's andy"

"Andy, oh my God. Where are you, do you need me to come pick you up. Are you safe, are the twins safe!" Persephone's voice of comfort faded, and her voice filled with panic. In the background I heard running, doors slamming open and closed, as well as another voice but I couldn't put a finger on whose it was.

"Pers! Calm down, me and the twins are safe! We had dinner at a friend's house"

Soon all the noise came to a stop and all you could here was persephone's heavy breathing. It's like time had stopped for single moment before all hell broke loose.

THIRD POINT PERSPECTIVE - HALLWAY

"ANDROMEDA TORRES-OLYMPIA! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME, YOU HAD MAMA, ME, EROS, AND PROBABLY DAD'S SPIRIT LOOKING FOR YOU THREE ALL DAY, CALLED THE POLICE 22 TIMES, ONLY FOR YOU TO BE AT A FRIENDS HOUSE." Persephone's worried tone changed to angry in an instant, her voice so loud that Andromeda had to take his ear away from the phone.

"Yes! I know, I'm sorry sis! But it was a free dinner, and I kept forgetting to call ma.. I'm gonna be in so much trouble aren't it."

"Way more than trouble Andy, way more than trouble. Now tell me what friends house your at, I'm coming to pick you up."

"I'm at Wayne manor which is on... "hey Wayne boy, what is your address?"

"Tch. My address is 1007 mountain drive, you imbecile."

"Rude, but yeah. 1007 mountain drive sis.. sis?"

"Andromeda, why the actual fuck are you in the wayne manor. You know what don't answer that. I'll see you in, 15"

Andromeda looked up and nervously chuckled, handing the phone back to its rightful owner with an imaginary sweatdrop going down his forehead.

"we better get going than, she drives pretty fast when it comes to us"

"Alright then Torres" Damian grabbed Andromeda's wrist and started walking to the dining room again. He and Andromeda moved pretty fast through the dark halls, normally a person would be asking questions but growing up in hoods Andy learned not to ask questions and just go with it. Why ask questions when you already know the outcome especially if your in TROUBLE.

END OF CHAPTER NINE - TROUBLE