Chapter 3

This is a short, rough draft for a story I'll be extending in the future.

TW: Mature content (not explicit).

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Atsumi applied just a bit of makeup and fixed his hair for the camera, put on his hoops as well, and made himself comfortable in bed. He put the laptop in front of him and logged into the website. It was pretty basic in his opinion, but it just made it easier to navigate for the first one. He meant to use the camera option, so he didn't hesitate when it asked him to choose between chat or video.

Add your interest

Atsumi pondered on the question, soccer? Music? Piano? Was he being too specific? What if someone speaking another language came up? Could he put it in Japan? Or would some weird weebs show up?

He finally decided to go with something general and typed in Japan.

"Wow, are you real, dude?" Atsumi sighed at the question. His first match was a guy speaking in English. Was it the make-up? He had been called pretty in the past, but that was too much. Why on Earth would his interest be Japan? Maybe he was being too closed-minded, but he expected people to add an interest such as anime or manga, not Japan itself. "Age?"

"Um," Atsumi scratched his head just a bit annoyed, careful to not ruin the black curls he had fixed his hair in, "18."

The call immediately dropped, and Atsumi's eyes widened slightly. Had his age been a problem? Some people didn't like speaking with youngsters, especially this guy who looked well into his late 20s. It didn't make much sense considering he was not a minor anymore, so Atsumi didn't find the problem. Kosuke was over 5 years older than him, and Atsumi had dealt with some of his friends before. He felt safer with older people.

He pressed go once again, watching the screen load while finding the next match. Finally, two people appeared on screen- they looked mixed between white and Asian, especially the guy. They were also most likely siblings due to how alike they were. The girl looked younger and friendlier though, opposite to the boy who seemed more of a withdrawn, silent type. Atsumi would have to check and see. He wasn't entirely sure what language they spoke, but it was worth trying to check if they spoke Japanese. He waved his hand at them and gave them a small smile before talking.

"Do you speak Japanese?" Atsumi asked in English.

"Yeah," He answered in Japanese. Atsumi was taken aback by how low the guy's voice sounded. It was mesmerizing.

"Um... What's your age?" Atsumi asked again, this time following the last language used. "Someone else just hung up a call on me because of that," He laughed nervously, trying to appear slightly more friendly. He just felt awkward.

"17, and she's 15", he replied. "What's yours?"

"18," Atsumi answered. There was a brief silence as he stared into the screen. They were closer to his age. Plus, he wasn't going to lie; the guy seemed cool to him. "How do you know Japanese?" He asked, trying to not lose conversation with him.

"We're half Japanese," the girl answered. "What's your name?"

"You live in Japan?" Atsumi tried evading the question, unsure if it was all right to give his name right away. There had to be many Atsumis in his country, but that didn't mean he'd flare it out to strangers.

"No, in the US," the guy replied.

"Oh... I am in Japan," Atsumi said, "What time is it over there?"

"Like 9:32. I suppose it's midnight over there? What are you doing awake?" The guy asked.