chapter eleven

Starla's POV

I know I told Kaden I wouldn't go see Sebastian, but a part of me felt that he was still a friend crying out for help. I got up early in the morning dressed in one of my favorite jumpsuits. It's was a tropical leaf print. With wide legs a v-neck, sleeveless jumpsuit. I pair it with some cookie dough ankle wrap sandles. I pull my hair up into a ponytail and grab my rosewood guess mini to take with me.

"Going somewhere," Kaden asked as I stepped out of the bedroom

"I have an appointment to get my nails done," I tell him

He smiles. "Be careful, baby," he gives me a kiss

"I will," I tell him

I wasn't totally lying. I did have an appointment to get my nails done. I was just going to meet Sebastian while I was there.

Starla: Look, I know things haven't been great between us. I think we need to talk

Sebastian: Sure, where do you want to meet

Starla: I have an appointment to get my nails done, ay Kitty's. Meet me there.

Sebastian: What time

Starla: ten, you can bring me a coffee

Sebastian: Alright, see you at ten

I wasn't too dumb I knew I didn't want to be alone with him. That's why I made it out in public. I was nervous as I pulled into the nail salon. Almost truned around, but I got out and went in for my appointment. Sebastian wasn't there yet. As they started my nails, he still wasn't there. A shadow cast over me as I soaked my feet in the bubbling warm waters. I looked up, and there he was.

"You wanted to talk," he says

"What's been going on, Sebastian?" I asked him

"What you mean?" he asked

"You haven't been acting like yourself lately," I say as I  lift one foot out of the water. The little lady that's doing my nails starts rubbing my feet.

"Maybe I am being myself," he says

"The Sebastian, I remember would have never touched me like you did."

"I never kept my feelings for you hide Starla. You just never saw it. Then you went off and married that ass hole. "

"You were always like a brother to me," I tell him

He places his hands on the arms of the chair, blocking me in. I'm getting in my personal space. I can smell the scent of peppermint on his breath.

"A brother doesn't want to fuck his sister Starla" he says in a low tone

I push him away "step away from me" I tell him. He straighten up "I thought we could still be friends" I tell him "it was my mistake, don't reach out to me anymore. And don't come near me anymore"

He sneers at me then truns and walks out. I release the breath I was holding.

"Thank you Makayla" I tell the lady that's been painting my toenails for the last minute.

She smiles nodding at me. After I was done with my nails. I pay then head out. As I rounded the corner to the parking lot I squeal out as a thick hand grabs me by the throat. Pushing me against the wall of the building. Sebastian's face comes into focus.

"Let me go" I tell him

He tightens his grip cutting of my oxygen "You where clever to meet in public Starla. But not so clever now" he says "Give a message to your husband for me." He says as his free hand caresses down my covered body "This isn't over"

He cups my covered breast. As I shake., my small hands push against him, trying to free myself.

"Next time, wear a dress for me," he says, "make it easy."

He release my throat I take a much needed breath "get away from" I tell him "or I'll scream"

He smiles before grabbing my throat tightly again this time planting a forced kiss on my lips. When he releases me again he walks away leaving me trimbling against the wall.

I straighten myself out and rush to my car. When I get home I go straight to the office. I can hear him on the phone with someone.

"Just keep me posted" he says "yeah it's a little ironic" he says then hangs up "you can come in now" he says

I step into the room "I didn't want to bother you"

He smiled "I like when you bother me. What's wrong" he ask

"I don't want you to get mad at me" I tell him a tear escapes my eyes

He gets up coming around the desk. Pulling me into his arms. "Why would I be mad at you" he asked

"Because I done something you asked me not to do"

He steps back looking into my eyes "tell me"

"I meet up with Sebastian"

He runs a hand through his hair "You want to tell me about it"

"I honestly thought that maybe there was something that could be fixed" I tell him

He pulls me back into his arms again "Some things are not ment to be fixed baby"

I tell him about the conversation Sebastian and I had. And what happened on my way to the car. "He said something wired," I tell him

"What's that baby?"

"He told me to tell you it's not over," I tell him. "Do you know what he ment?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know, baby," he says, kisses my lips

"Who was on the phone?" I ask

"Dex"

"Is everything ok?"

"One of the men that works on the Starvroce docks was found dead today. Shot in the head, " he tells me

"Why would it be ironic?" I ask

He sat back on the desk "back when your father ran Starvroce Industries and my dad was around. Dad hired a hit man to kill off the men who worked for your father. It was how he had done it. executioner style, one bullet through the head. It's how they found this guy today."

"Maybe it's a copy cat," I tell him

"It seems so," he says. I get a chill and step into his arms. "You alright?" he asks

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, I'll protect you,"

I smile as his arms wrap around me.