Act 2

At the first crack of dawn Feng got woken up by the sound of Kaiko communicating with two of his golems

At the first crack of dawn Feng got woken up by the sound of Kaiko communicating with two of his golems. Rather unusually, one of them was in two pieces. The upper half of it tried to climb upon its lower half, yet when it did, both halves would slide apart and separate once again. It demonstrated this several times while the other golem made large and exaggerated motions that resembled throwing and slashing.

A regular cut wouldn't prevent a golem from fixing itself she thought to herself as she watched the golems mime out their experience.

"That's unusual," Feng said as she got up, "What happened?"

"Oh, you're up," Kaiko responded with a smile as he looked over to her, "Just a little encounter at the barrier."

"Will it be alright?" Feng then asked.

Kaiko looked down at the bottom half of the golem which was fidgeting about. He ended up having to put his finger on it to push it down to sit.

"Well," He replied with a smug look on his face, "We're about to find out."

He then picked up the upper half of the golem and placed both halves together, correctly. Feng had gotten closer at this point as she wanted to observe Kaiko's magic.

He focused energy into his finger and rubbed it along where the little golem had been cut. As his finger ran along the cut, it disappeared. He went all the way around, making sure not to miss any of it. When this time he let go of the golem, it stayed together and was able to stand up.

It made flexing motions, demonstrating its newly fixed body, which the other golems applauded enthousiastically.

"Very well done," Feng said as she clapped softly, "I'm glad that wasn't too hard. That aside, what's the situation out there?"

Kaiko took a moment to look at the golems interacting with one another, taunting and posing, before standing up and turning to face her.

"So, from what they tell me," He began as he pointed to the two who were involved in the incident at the barrier, "The barrier is pretty strong. Sadly, they couldn't even make a scratch."

Feng was silent for a moment.

"What about the barrier itself?" She eventually asked, "Anything of note there?"

"Well, neither their physical or spirit form could even touch the barrier; and there was violent pushback when they tried," He said before pointing to the golem which was mimicking a man sitting in a basket with folded arms, "There also seem to be these small statues at intervals, all along it."

"Oh," Feng said in surprise as she pointed to the golem that wasn't posing, "It had a little red hat? And a whole bunch of paper charms stuck on it?"

It motioned back in agreement; nodding and putting its arms over its head like a straw hat.