𝟎𝟎𝟐 cars, tracks and garages

____________𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫23rd of June————————-

____________
𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫
23rd of June
————————-

"YOU'RE IN EARLY TODAY," lucky states as I sit down at the bar. I tie my hair up so it's out of my face and pull out my tethered book.

"You want anything to eat?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"No, I'm just here to get out of the house. My dads working."

"Okay, well, holler if you need anything."

I continue to indulge in my novel, and as I advance to the next chapter, my mind starts to wander. I think about my dad, about Summerville, and I daydream about leaving and seeing my grandparents again. But what takes me by surprise, is that the thing I think about the most, is the boy I met yesterday.

It's not because I liked him, he's definitely not my type. Plus, he's a whole year younger than me.
No. More because...he was just so awkward and funny, and I liked messing with him. Maybe I'd see him again? I mean, it's not like I was itching to. But I wouldn't hate it.

A large crash sounds out from the kitchen, and everybody in the diner looks up from their plates and diverts their attention towards the noise.

"What the hell was that?" I ask mikey and Sam, the two boys working the till today. I often hung out with Lucky and them, so I knew them well enough.

"Your boyfriend." They mock in unison. They were extremely good at that - mocking. Probably because it was the only thing they ever did.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Boyfriend?

"What are you talking about?"

"The boy who came in last night," they raise their eyebrows at me, "Lucky hired him."

"No way." I say, as flat out as ever because I don't believe them. They just look right at me with mischievous grins and knowing eyes, and I sigh, clasping my hands over my face.

"That poor boy, I made him write 'friendly' under experience."

The boys erupt into fits of laughter, clutching their stomachs as if they'd just heard the funniest thing in the world.

"Are you gonna go check on him?" I ask, concern lacing my tone with undeserved sweetness. They just continue to laugh, as I get up instinctively and push past them gently. I know they're just being harmless, and I know nothing back there could've killed Trevor, but he looked like a fragile thing. I just wanted to make sure.