4

Lucille's POV:

Benjamin's voice was ringing through my head as I looked up at him beyond the barrel of a gun pointed right at my head. I was trying my best to blink the sleep out of my eyes but my brain was struggling to free itself from the thick fog of deep rest. I gently tilted my head to the side to see if my sister was still alive. There I noticed the the blond man, a knee pressing down between her thighs and onto her stomach, a knife back to her throat, and his face pressed so close into hers with a wild grin that their noses were brushing together. Her eyes were wide, and even in the dark, I could see how dilated her pupils were. Benjamin with a gun to my head didn't even exist to her right now. She was living her wildest fantasy. The guys had somehow returned, somehow escaped the swarm, and then managed to track us here. She didn't seem all that surprised by their return. I hoped that I would have time to scold and interrogate her reaction before we were both killed. My eyes shifted back to Benjamin who was standing over me, framed beautifully by the morning rays, practically a silhouette within my vision rather than a fully formed human being. I swallowed hard as I weighed my options.

"Considering I left you both for dead, I wouldn't say missing you is the right sentiment." I said and spat upwards into Benjamin's face. He smirked and wiped the spit off his face with his free hand. His eyes moved from me over to the blond man.

"Well, it's your lucky day, darlin'. We've come to return the favour." The blond one said to me without moving his face from where it hovered over Phoenix. She ran a tongue over her lips as she continued to stare up into his eyes and I wanted nothing more than to kick her. This was not the time. 

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am." I retorted sarcastically as I was making short and slow movements towards the gun on my hips. Perhaps if I shot the blond one Benjamin would go after me and buy my sister time to run. Benjamin clocked the movement almost immediately.

"Not another move." He growled out before crouching down over me, the barrel of the gun not moving from my head as he reached and started patting me down for weapons, tossing each one he found behind him and out of any hope of me reaching them.

"What's your plan then, Benjamin? You have us pinned, yet we are still breathing. Don't have the balls to pull the trigger?" I goaded him knowing a quick bullet shot to the head would be far more ideal than the depravity I was sure these two were capable of. He tilted his head to the side looking a mix of confused and amused at my words.

"You remembered my name?" He asked in a tone that seemed rather out of place given the circumstances. He seemed almost surprised that someone had taken any note of him long enough to remember something like a name they had heard mentioned one time. He didn't strike me as someone who was used to being perceived by others. From what I could tell he was like me. He observed. He wasn't one to be noticed.

"What can I say, you made quite the impression holding that gun towards me." I replied sarcastically. There was no point in being nice in an attempt to get out of this. This man was not stupid, and I could see the bloodlust behind his eyes, the insatiable craving for revenge for what I had put them through. Absolutely nothing could get me out of this. Perhaps my sister had more hope. The man hovering over her seemed almost as lost in her eyes as she was in his. 

"Yours was.. Luce?" He inquired with a mocking grin. This was becoming a game of wits. For everything I knew about him, for everything I revealed I had observed within him, he was showing he could match that knowledge. I narrowed my eyes at him not willing to dignify his arrogance with a response. He laughed and stood up from the crouched position he had been in  right in front of me. "Since you asked so kindly, Luce, we are going to bring you back to our base." He said with confidence as he reholstered his gun and pulled the rope he had wrapped around him off before crouching in front of me again. I scrunched up my face in pure confusion which seemed to amuse him.