Ch. 2 Singles party

As the night wore on, Eleanor found herself staring out of the cabin window, lost in her thoughts. The gentle sway of the ship and the soothing sound of the ocean had a calming effect on her, but her mind was still reeling from the events of the day.

Suddenly, movement caught her eye, and she turned to see her sister Jess standing on the deck, deep in conversation with their bookish sister, Jess' twin sister, Nicole, and their older brother, Alex. Eleanor watched them for a moment, a pang of longing tugging at her heart as she observed the easy connection between them.

Feeling a sudden surge of loneliness, Eleanor hesitated for a moment before steeling herself and making her way out onto the deck to join them.

As she approached, Nicole looked up and caught sight of her, her face breaking into a warm smile. "Eleanor! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," she exclaimed, her voice tinged with regret.

Eleanor shook her head, offering her sister a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Nicole. I was just lost in thought," she admitted, her voice soft.

Before she could say anything else, Alex stepped forward, his expression filled with concern. "Jess told us everything," he explained, his tone gentle. "We just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Eleanor felt a lump form in her throat at her brother's words, touched by his concern. "I'm fine, Alex. Really," she assured him, her voice steady despite the emotions swirling inside her.

Jess stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her siblings, pulling them into a tight hug. "We're here for you, El. No matter what," Nicole whispered, her voice filled with love and reassurance.

Eleanor felt a wave of gratitude wash over her as she returned her sister's embrace, feeling a sense of warmth and belonging wash over her. In that moment, surrounded by her siblings, she knew that she was not alone. And as they stood together on the deck of the ship, gazing out at the vast expanse of the ocean before them, Eleanor felt a sense of peace settle over her.

As Jess suggested they hit the bar and forget about the ordeal with Trent, Eleanor couldn't help but feel a sense of relief wash over her. She needed this distraction, this chance to let loose and enjoy the company of her siblings.

At the bar, Jess wasted no time in ordering a round of tequila shots for everyone. As they clinked their glasses together and downed the fiery liquid, Eleanor felt a surge of camaraderie wash over her. For a moment, all thoughts of their grandmother's inheritance and the tasks they had been assigned were forgotten as they laughed and joked together.

Bartender Sam greeted Eleanor with a warm smile, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Nice to see you again," he remarked, his tone friendly.

Eleanor returned his smile, feeling a sense of comfort in his presence. "Likewise," she replied, her voice tinged with gratitude.

After a few more shots, the siblings cheered and raised their glasses in a toast. "To family," Jess declared, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

Nicole, who was always the worst when it came to alcohol, began to sway slightly in her seat, prompting her siblings to exchange amused glances. They knew it was time to call it a night before things got out of hand.

As they began to sober up, the reality of their situation began to sink in once again. Eleanor couldn't shake the fear that she wouldn't be able to find a fiancé by the end of the summer, as her task required. But Jess, ever the optimist, reassured her that she had nothing to worry about.

"Don't be silly, Ellie. You're young, beautiful, and you have a wonderful personality. You'll have no trouble finding someone," she insisted, her voice filled with confidence.