Finally

Him

I fucking won. This has to be the best feeling in the world. Nothing has ever topped this moment. It will create a core memory.

If only I could accurately express Aurora's face. The face of disbelief, the shock, the face of a loser. She kept babbling something about being set up more to herself than to anyone else. But I was on a type of high of enjoyment. It was ringing through my ears that whatever she could even say was being tuned out by my happiness.

I take one last look at her before the cops take her back to get her registered into their system. What I saw in her eyes was nothing. No thought, no idea, nothing was going on in that brain. She lost everything, she lost her hope of being free. I took her hope but only because she took mine after not being able to catch her the first time around.

Once I reach the office Felix with the rest of our colleagues sends a round of applause for finally catching the criminal. Putting this case to an end.

"Why don't we hear a speech from the man himself who has been on this case for far too long?" Felix says and everyone turns to me. As much as I hate this type of thing, today I'm in a good mood.

"All I have to say is thank you to the ones who stayed on the case after too many tries at catching Sanchez and it is the greatest feeling knowing that I finally put her away," I say and everyone laughs and claps.

Once we finally settle down and get back to what we are meant to do our job, Felix looks at me, the biggest grin in the world.

"I bet you're on some type of ecstasy right now. Maybe even close to a release." He says with a wink at the end.

"I just might man. The pain in the ass called Aurora Sanchez is locked up and gone right where she is supposed to be. And for a really long time." I say with a smile.

"Are we celebrating later tonight or what?"

"Why the hell not man." This makes him more pumped than ever. And we get to our work.

After filling in the full incident report, I see something on the Sanchez file. There are previous charges on there. They are planning on charging her with the previous charges we had been trying to find evidence for. Four different charges meaning that I won. Every time that I thought I failed for not finding evidence is over because now she will be charged for it either way. She's looking at 18 to 24 years in prison.

Then I realize the case isn't fully over. We still have to look for the men that she was working with to rob the bank. Either way, at least she is locked up. The others are a problem for another night. Tonight I celebrate with the idiot who was there to feel the celebration of winning.

Me and Felix show up at a local bar and drink our way through the night. Well, I only drink through the night. Felix on the other hand drank and found a girl to entertain his night. I usually don't need/want a girl. Intimate stuff is just that for me intimate. I'm not the type of guy who does one-night stands or a man of quickies. Felix is well the opposite and it doesn't bother me it did when he left me alone at the bar. Leaving me to find my own Uber home. Although I can't be mad over the day I have had.

Once I reach my door I go in. I am not too drunk to pass out on my doorstep but I do fumble from here and there.

Once I walk into the kitchen I open the fridge for a water bottle and see my mom's lasagna in the fridge. With a note on top saying share with Felix. Her other son for many reasons. I grab my water bottle and head over to my room. I usually pick up Blanco from my mom's place but I'll just text her that she can keep him for this night. She usually does not mind. Plus I doubt there is an Uber that will allow a dog in their car.

I start taking off, my clothes and get under the blankets ready for some sleep. But all I can think about is that file. I may be fading fast into my sleep but I can feel the smile on my lips. A smile came from the face of Aurora's defeat, Felix's disbelief, and my victory.

Right when I was going to knock out one thought flew through my mind.

Too easy

Before I can think too much about it, I'm out.