chapter five.

HIS PRIVATE ENTERTAINMENT? I blanch. "I'm really not...good at this. Please, there has to be another way I can repay the loan. Why can't you just let me pay you?"

"You ask me for money, you repay it how I choose." His tone leaves no room for argument.

I turn my head away from him and he reaches out to grip my chin, forcing me to look at him. His eyes dip down to my lips.

"There are far worse ways I could ask you to pay it off," he warns, his voice gravelly. His thumb grazes my bottom lip, pulling it down. I flinch back and his hand drops as he blinks away the dazed look that momentarily filled his eyes. "Gabi is going to show you the ropes—be kind to her. She offered to help you."

He slides his hand across my bare back, letting it rest on my waist, and begins steering me out of his office. We pass by several workers who don't blink an eye at my state of dress.

Back at the changing room, he calls out, "Gabi."

A beautiful, tan girl around my age rises from in front of a vanity and comes toward us. Faintly resembling a runway model, she's in black lingerie with her long, caramel hair curling over her breasts.

"You must be Wren," she smiles at me warmly, though her voice is soft and reserved.

I nod.

"Come with me." She holds her hand out for me, waiting for me to take it. I glance at Nathaniel, who nods encouragingly, then I rest my palm against hers.

"Appreciate this, Gab," he tells her and she turns her kind smile on him.

"No worries."

There is a familiarity between them. I wonder if they've slept together or if maybe they're just...friends?

Does a man like Nathaniel Sterling have friends?

She takes me down the hallway and into the private room where I first met Nathaniel. Music plays softly, but it's empty. The stripper pole gleams beneath the low lighting.

"Have you done anything like this before?" She asks me. Her voice has a lovely cadence to it, like a song's melody. Everything about her is graceful and elegant, unlike me.

"Never," I tell her quietly.

She nods understandingly. "They aren't hard to please." At my questioning look, she adds, "Men. You're a beautiful girl. So long as you take your clothes off, they'll be happy. Really, the key is making yourself feel good."

Steady in her high heels, she steps back until she's leaning against the pole. Her hands skim up her body slowly, cupping one of her breasts and squeezing. A breathy moan leaves her mouth and I am entranced, watching her.

She grasps the pole and slowly slides down it, then dips her hand beneath the waistband of her panties.

Her red lips part on a gasp.

But she doesn't stay down for long. In a single, smooth movement, she stands and faces the pole, gripping it and lifting herself effortlessly. She floats off the ground, does a single circle around, and then slowly lowers herself.

When she is back on her feet, she slips the straps of her bra down her shoulders and I involuntarily take a step toward her, enchanted.

She smiles. "Just like that."

I shake my head. "I could never..."

"Come try," she insists, holding her arms out welcomingly for me. I am reluctant and nervous, but I go toward her and her soft hands run up my sides, moving my hips side to side. "It's ok to feel...sexy, confident." Her mouth twists. "It's the only way to survive this place."

"I've never been either of those things," I admit.

"Now's the perfect time to start." Her hands skim up to my shoulders and she pushes them back, then brushes her fingers beneath my chin so I raise my head. "Follow my movements."

She toys with the strap of her bra. I quickly pull down each strap of my own and she insists, "Slowly. You're never in a rush."

I nod in understanding and become her mirror.

When she cups her breast, so do I. When she sucks a finger into her mouth, so do I. When she touches herself over her underwear, so do I.

"You're beautiful, Wren," she gasps out, grinding down on her own hand. "Don't forget it."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I have added the Pinterest page for this story to the 'External Link' button if you would like to see it (look below). Thank you for reading.