chapter thirty-two.

THE RESTRAINTS AROUND my wrists tether me to the headboard no matter how hard I yank at them. Nathaniel is between my open knees, teasing me with a small, bullet vibrator that sends rolling waves of pleasure through me.

I sink my head back into the pillow and push my feet further apart, but he doesn't press the vibrator down any harder, just keeps trailing it up and down my pussy with soft strokes.

In a desperate attempt to gain more friction, I lift my hips off the bed. He plants a hand on my lower stomach and shoves me back down, holding me to the mattress.

"Lie there and take it like a good girl."

I try to kick him and his hand catches my calf, fingers digging into my skin as he immobilizes my leg.

"If you don't start behaving, Wren, then I am going to turn you over and spank you until you cry."

The dark gleam in his eyes promises just as much pleasure as pain and I am almost tempted to keep fighting him. But, for now at least, I decide to acquiesce.

He presses the vibrator into my entrance slowly and draws it back out an infuriating number of times. The vibrations tremble through me, a knot of tension building inside of me with every flick of his hand.

When he moves the toy up to my clit and circles it slowly, I yank again on the restraints around my wrists. "I–I need to come. Please."

I feel the press of his lips against my inner knee, but he says nothing, just drags the vibrator back down and fucks me with it slowly. Time passes in a blur as I grow increasingly fraught. He teases me mercilessly, never giving me enough to actually fall over the edge, but being infinitely tender as he strokes my hip and kisses along my thigh.

"I can't," I pant, shaking my head, my hair sticking to my sweaty forehead. "I can't, it's too much. It's not enough. Nathaniel." The whine in my voice would embarrass me at any other moment, but my mind is so addled with want that I no longer care about anything but getting what I need. Like a junkie searching for their next fix—that's what Nathaniel has turned me into.

"Do you feel desperate, little bird?" he asks, voice low and gravelly. He lets the vibrator rest right above my clit, not quite touching it.

I nod my head, trying to push my hips up.

"Do you feel your blood boiling beneath your skin? Do you feel like you're going to die if you don't get what you want?"

I'm already nodding, I don't think I ever stopped. "Yes, yes!"

He retracts the vibrator entirely, turns it off and throws it aside, then pushes himself up to hover right above me, our noses nearly brushing. "Good. Then maybe you finally understand how you have made me feel the past few months. Like the world will fucking implode if I don't have you."

I can't speak, can't think, can't do anything except wrap my legs around him. The friction of his sweatpants against my clit is delicious, though still not enough.

He reaches above my head and makes quick work of untying my wrists. As soon as my hands are free, I let them sink into his hair and, without thinking as I have entirely lost that capability, I pull him down into a kiss.

Our lips meet and everything goes still.

There is no sound, no outside world. Just the press of his mouth against mine.

It is...gentle. Neither of us move. I have no more fears nor inhibitions, no more guilt. I want him, right now, in this moment, and no one can tell me that it is wrong or that I'm sick for wanting a man like him. His lips open just a fraction and mine follow suit, but then he draws back slowly.