3.

Three months ago, I had a heated argument with my father, and in my anger, I ended up pulling out a gun. The incident left me so shaken that I have barely spoken to him or any man since then. The memory of that day is imprinted in my mind, and I find myself constantly replaying the events leading up to it.

Since the incident, my mother decided to move on and focus on herself. She started a new relationship with herself, which meant that she was no longer interested in dating anyone else. My father, on the other hand, had to move back to Alabama since my mother owned the house, and he needed to find his own place after she signed the divorce papers. It has been a challenging time for all of us, and I am still trying to come to terms with everything that has happened.

I transferred to online school so I could help around the house and make sure my baby sister was taken care of. She was a very dedicated lady when it came to her books and I truly wanted to keep her focused.

One day, as I was sitting in my room going over schoolwork, my mom came in with a tray of tea and cookies. She sat down next to me and looked me in the eyes, her expression filled with concern.

She pushed back my golden blonde tresses and gently caressed my cheek while giving me a smile.

"Sweetheart, I know what happened with your father was hard on all of us," she began gently. "But we can't let it consume us. We have to find a way to move forward, for ourselves and for each other."

I sighed, feeling the weight of her words sink in. "I know, Mom. I just don't know how to let go of what happened. It's like a dark cloud hanging over me all the time."

She reached out and cupped my face in her hands, her eyes filled with understanding. "You're strong, my love. You'll find a way to heal from this. We'll support each other through it all."

I nodded, taking a deep breath. "I'll try, Mom. I promise."

"That's a good girl, now let's talk about Jay. He's been calling the home line all month why are you ignoring him?"

I sighed trying not to be too harsh. "Jay doesn't want a woman with daddy issues. Plus I just don't think I would be a good person for him. He's this time big money spending city boy and I'm just a small town country girl that's come from nothing."

"I didn't raise you to be that way. I don't care if you don't have two Pennie's to rub together you better walk into every room with your head held high Beyoncé." My mother insisted. "What you have to offer is priceless. "

I nodded my head and smiled, "okay momma."

"Now please consider giving that man a call. I need to get back to my self care routine."

I watched as my mom walked away adjusting her cucumber facial sheet mask and closed my bedroom door behind her.

I was confident that with her unwavering support, I knew that somehow, we would be able to move past the pain and rebuild our lives. And I could somehow build the confidence to face Jay

_____________