Chapter 1

"Lacy!"

I wake up to the voice of my best friend Violet yelling at me.

"Lacy wake up!"

"Ugh" I sigh and roll over, maybe a little too much because I fall off my bed. I groan, another day of school.

All of a sudden my door springs open and in walks Violet. As soon as she sees me her face breaks into a large smile and she struggles to hold in her laughter.

"Shut up" I say while I get off the carpeted floor of my bedroom.

Violet simply grins and throws herself down onto my bed and begins to play on her phone.

I roll my eyes at her and walk out of my room to the bathroom. I complete my morning routine of a shower, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and applying minimal makeup all in under 30 minutes.

I walk back into my room to see that Violet has already picked out an outfit for me. A short black skirt with a green tank top and beige cardigan.

"Well I like the tank top and cardigan," I start to say to Violet "but this skirt is way too short and you know that. I will not risk breaking the rules over a dumb skirt."

Violet rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "Lacy you care way too much about the rules in this stupid town,"

"Well I'm sorry, my parents are total control freaks! They love the rules! If I walk downstairs dressed like that they will kill me." I respond

Violet sighs "Fine whatever, just put on some jeans and let's go or we're going to miss the bus."

"Thank you," I say while smirking

Violet goes back to playing on her phone while I change into my outfit for the day. Within 5 minutes I'm dressed, and Violet and I are going downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Good morning girls," my mother says while handing us each a plate of waffles.

"Good morning Mrs. Webster" Violet says politely.

"Morning mom, thanks for the waffles."
I say to my mother while smiling.

My mom returns the smile. in a few minutes Violet and I have finished eating and are ready to go to school. We each bid my mother goodbye, and walk outside to wait for the bus.

"Lacy! Vi!"

Violet and I turn to see who called our names.

"Jersey!" I exclaim

Jersey Willis, the third member to our 3 musketeers, our other best friend.

Jersey runs up to us and envelops us in a huge hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" She says while pulling away from the hug.

Jersey is dressed in a black and white polkadot dress with cap sleeves.

"Jersey we saw each other just yesterday." Violet says while giggling

"Whatever," Jersey replies with a smile.

Soon the bus pulls up to our stop. All the students who were waiting pile in quickly.

In a mere 20 minutes we arrive at Ule secondary school. The only high school in town. I reluctantly get off the school bus and walk into the school. Jersey and I walk to our lockers together, due to the fact that they are side by side. We take out our science textbooks.

As soon as I shut my locker I see him.

Vincent Thompson.

Every girl's head turned as soon as he walked in. He's gorgeous, he's like a god. Any girl would love to be with him, including myself. His father is the mayor and they are the richest family in town.

Vincent strolls past my locker, almost in slow motion, and runs a hand through his perfectly gelled black hair. I can barely control myself around him and my heart is beating a million miles a minute. Vincent is the school's bad boy, heartthrob, and star football player. Did I also mention that he's on the honour roll and that he's the most popular boy in school? Plus he volunteers at the animal shelters and the soup kitchens. He's perfect inside and out.

I've known him since preschool, and have always liked him. But Vincent and I have never had an actual conversation.

Now in 9th grade my feelings for him have grown to enormous heights. I'm sure Vincent would like me if he could only get to know me.

Would it be wrong to say that I love him?